+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR renewal- question #19, address history

Kikilala

Star Member
Feb 12, 2016
I travel overseas to visit my parents every year and stay with them for around 1 to the longest 5 months. Do I have to include their home address even though it’s not my primary address?

Because in my 1st renewal the guy who assisted me to fill the form didn’t include my parent’s address. This time I do it myself so I’m in doubt.

Thanks for answering

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I travel overseas to visit my parents every year and stay with them for around 1 to the longest 5 months. Do I have to include their home address even though it’s not my primary address?

Because in my 1st renewal the guy who assisted me to fill the form didn’t include my parent’s address. This time I do it myself so I’m in doubt.

Thanks for answering
Yes you are residing there, you aren’t visiting for a few days.

Kikilala

Star Member
Feb 12, 2016
Yes you are residing there, you aren’t visiting for a few days.
Thanks a lot!

Just curious, since you said I consider “reside” there, provided that my travel history is accurate and I have +1000 RO, does it mean my application could have high chance to get to non-routine processing?

I had painful Secondary Review last time and just want to prepare for the worst this time...

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks a lot!

Just curious, since you said I consider “reside” there, provided that my travel history is accurate and I have +1000 RO, does it mean my application could have high chance to get to non-routine processing?

I had painful Secondary Review last time and just want to prepare for the worst this time...
Very hard to say whether you will get secondary inspection. You are allowed to live outside Canada.

fly_van

Star Member
May 3, 2020
I was told that if the person lives in other countries for over 30 days, then add that address to your living address.