+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR renewal-not stayed in Canada for 730 days

Frazier

May 15, 2018
Hello Every one,
My Name is Frazier, I arrived & got a PR in Canada in 2014 by a family process ,which my wife is also PR in Canada and my son is Canadian citizen.
Am a business man Back home,it runs well with a nice speed and with good fixed assets build. Because of that I went back home to my business after I got my PR in December 2014 which means after 3month stay in Canada and I came every 3month to see my wife and son and stay for a month and go back home, in 2016 my wife and my son comes home for a year time with me so I didn’t come to Canada, now I have left only 540 days to be expired my PR. I plans to go back and adjust some issuies and transfer partial worth of my business to make it in Canada and to live but I should still to travel and to watch my business and I have a lot of plans in to the business world wide but if I can’t renew my PR it’s too difficult to continue the business because I have a families in Canada and my wife never need to live out of Canada, in this case I have to shift part of my business in Canada but I can’t meet the 730 days with in the 5 years which means after expiry of my PR I can’t renew it and I can’t travel to the world to do my business what shall I do?please Advise me and give me your best of knowledge to get a better information,thank you!
Regards
Frazier.G

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
As a PR you're expected to live and work IN CANADA. If you want to continue your lifestyle of working outside Canada for more than 3 of every 5 years, then at some point you'll most likely lose your PR status.
When this happens you can apply to come to Canada as a visitor each time you want to come, or your wife can simply sponsor you for PR again.

Frazier

May 15, 2018
As a PR you're expected to live and work IN CANADA. If you want to continue your lifestyle of working outside Canada for more than 3 of every 5 years, then at some point you'll most likely lose your PR status.
When this happens you can apply to come to Canada as a visitor each time you want to come, or your wife can simply sponsor you for PR again.
Thank you Rob for your prompt Reply~

What about to be a business immigrant, in that case also the business peoples should stay the 2years in Canada? Or is their any options to be a business travelers conciderations. If Some one has a business in Canada and his business is with a lot of travels out side of Canada what would be done? If export goods from Canada and prompt the products to sale at exhibitions and expo’s most of the time such person would be on travel out of Canada may stay less 2years,what would be a solutions in such cases? Thank you again

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Thank you Rob for your prompt Reply~

What about to be a business immigrant, in that case also the business peoples should stay the 2years in Canada? Or is their any options to be a business travelers conciderations. If Some one has a business in Canada and his business is with a lot of travels out side of Canada what would be done? If export goods from Canada and prompt the products to sale at exhibitions and expo’s most of the time such person would be on travel out of Canada may stay less 2years,what would be a solutions in such cases? Thank you again
Business immigrants are expected to operate their business in Canada.

There is basically no consideration for PRs who travel as part of their own company. Everyone is expected to spend 2 of every 5 years in Canada.

rosettebarrera

Star Member
Jun 21, 2017
Good evening,

Hello! just a quick question???
i am renewing my PR CARD, i came here to CANADA February 10, 2013.
And there's a question in the form for travel history "period to be assessed"
what should i put? i really don't know.
PLEASE help me.

Thank you!

Frazier

May 15, 2018
If you were travel to any where you write your travel dates going and return back if you got confused you can get help from different agents like immigrant services Calgary which is 7Ave & 8st sw Calgary downtown if you are out of Calgary google immigrant services agent near to you.