+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Renewal Not Met Residency Obligation-Urgent Question

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Is it ok if I apply for my 4 year old sons visitor record? He is here on. TRV and will complete his initial 6 months soon( 5th March). Will I or my wife come under the radar of IRCC for not meeting the RO?
I can't say. A visitor record shouldn't normally depend on the residency obligation status of a PR, so it should be okay, but really you're advised NOT to interact with IRCC at all.

Akash20071986

Star Member
Feb 17, 2020
Hi.

My parents received their PR in 2009 and it was expired in 2014 but by that time they haven't fulfilled their 2 year requirement so they stayed in canada for a year and it was renewed in 2015 under humanitarian grounds after an interview with the immigration. Now the PR card expiry is march 2020 but until now they have fulfilled only 10 months residency in canada. My mother's health card is not working when i checked with the clinic even though the expiry date is 2023. I need to know if they come here before the PR expiry date what are the chances to have their PR status renewed and have the health card activated. and is there is a chance to reapply again under humanitarian grounds since all their children's are Canadian citizens

Looking forward for your advice.

Thank you
Hello.. What are the documents filed by you under H&C reasons... Pls advise ..

Akash20071986

Star Member
Feb 17, 2020
My name is Akash and I stay in Delhi, India.

I am having Canadian PR.. Which I got in Feb 2015...I visited Canada later on 26th September 2015 for short landing and came back to India on 02nd October 2015, therefore, my Canadian stay was only for 6 days..

I could not come to Canada after 2nd October 2015..my mother is having stomach infection issues.. But to be honest not very serious or life threating.. I m having my elder sister and my younger brother who stays with me only..

Can anyone please advise whether I can appeal under H&C ground and if yes which disease can be shown.. I can try to make medical history but not sure which disease they consider for H&C application?

I am having PR card which is valid till May 2021...

My stay in Canada till date is Only 6 days.

Regards,
Akash

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

I am having Canadian PR.. Which I got in Feb 2015...I visited Canada later on 26th September 2015 for short landing and came back to India on 02nd October 2015, therefore, my Canadian stay was only for 6 days..

I could not come to Canada after 2nd October 2015..my mother is having stomach infection issues.. But to be honest not very serious or life threating.. I m having my elder sister and my younger brother who stays with me only..

Can anyone please advise whether I can appeal under H&C ground and if yes which disease can be shown.. I can try to make medical history but not sure which disease they consider for H&C application?

Regards,
Akash
You have already asked this question. You would need to show that she had an ongoing serious issue with proof like hospitalizations throughout the time and proof that there were no other family members closeby that could help her. We’re you working? The H&C is really for people doing active caregiving for life threatening illnesses like cancer.

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017

Regards,
Akash
You will “make” medical history? So fraud right?

Reactions: k.h.p.

Akash20071986

Star Member
Feb 17, 2020
Hi.

My parents received their PR in 2009 and it was expired in 2014 but by that time they haven't fulfilled their 2 year requirement so they stayed in canada for a year and it was renewed in 2015 under humanitarian grounds after an interview with the immigration. Now the PR card expiry is march 2020 but until now they have fulfilled only 10 months residency in canada. My mother's health card is not working when i checked with the clinic even though the expiry date is 2023. I need to know if they come here before the PR expiry date what are the chances to have their PR status renewed and have the health card activated. and is there is a chance to reapply again under humanitarian grounds since all their children's are Canadian citizens

Thank you
Cn u pls tell me what documents required for H&C grounds.. Is your cases had fall under medical grounds??

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Cn u pls tell me what documents required for H&C grounds.. Is your cases had fall under medical grounds??
Did you actually read luci1209's post?

He is asking about his parents' situation. And they haven't returned to Canada yet. They have not been reported. And they have NOT applied for H&C.
You were away for more than 4 years and I don't believe your mom was in critical condition for the whole time. Plus as you stated, you have siblings that can take care of your mom. I don't see any H&C ground in your case. But yeah, you sure can try.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You keep on asking but there is no exact answer. You must provide whatever documents you already have. If you have a family member with a serious illness you have lots of records about hospitalizations, medications, doctors visits, bills/receipts, etc.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes, Ontario accepts expired PR cards as ID proof for making a new health card but returnjng and new comer residents need to wait for 3 months after landing until you apply for health card. Until then you can get a 3 month health insurance for them.

I recently got mine and my family's health cards on expired PR cards after a wait of 3 months from their date of arrival. I got a 3 month health insurance to cover for any health expenses.
Wanted to point out that usually PR cards that have recently expired are accepted.

Shajoo777

Jun 21, 2021
Hi.

Thank you
Have ur parents applied through normal PR card renewal application process or applied under humanitarian & compassionate grounds when it was renewed initially?

candadream

Jun 24, 2021
I have seen in this post that people enter Canada to get their PR and then leave... and they do not come.

Although most of the cases are new PR, when are they questioned on their Residence Obligations? only after 5 years or anytime they come back to the country?