+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Renewal from outside Canada

shovav

Nov 16, 2016
Hello I know this topic was discussed but I have a question regarding the PR renewal application form.

on the first page they ask you right away for your "current resident address in Canada" so if the applicant does not live in Canada but I am applying for them and I live in Canada and I am still applying from a Canadian address, can I still put that address, or their address abroad ??

thank you so much!

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
shovav said:
Hello I know this topic was discussed but I have a question regarding the PR renewal application form.

on the first page they ask you right away for your "current resident address in Canada" so if the applicant does not live in Canada but I am applying for them and I live in Canada and I am still applying from a Canadian address, can I still put that address, or their address abroad ??

thank you so much!
If the person requiring PR renewal does not currently live in Canada, you can't apply to renew their PR card. They must be physically living in Canada to begin the renewal process.

Putting an address abroad will cause the renewal app to be cancelled.
Putting a Canadian address will be misrepresentation/fraud as they are not living in Canada.

shovav

Nov 16, 2016
Thank you Rob,

but what if the applicant is going through a personal issue which not allows them to travel at all and needs to renew? like i know that the PR will not leave Canada and thats fine all we really want is to submit the application.

2. lets say my friends does come to canada to renew they will ask them what is the resident address, and he will stay at a hotel does he put the hotel's address? (like hes not really residing there but that where he will stay if he is applying for the renewal)

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
shovav said:
Thank you Rob,

but what if the applicant is going through a personal issue which not allows them to travel at all and needs to renew? like i know that the PR will not leave Canada and thats fine all we really want is to submit the application.

2. lets say my friends does come to canada to renew they will ask them what is the resident address, and he will stay at a hotel does he put the hotel's address? (like hes not really residing there but that where he will stay if he is applying for the renewal)
A PR outside of Canada with no PR card, is expected to get a PR Travel Document if they want to return to Canada.

No a hotel address will not work. The PR is expected to be residing in Canada so should have a real residential address.

A PR who returns to Canada simply to renew the PR card, then leaves again immediately, should expect at a minimum CIC will NOT mail the card and instead will demand they pick up the card in person from a local CIC office.

Feb 10, 2017
If the PR card is expired and the holder of the PR is not in Canada. If CIC asks to pick a renewed PR card at the local office, then how the holder of the PR card can enter Canada (the pr is expired). Can the Travel Authorization Document be issued then?

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
valentina190882 said:
If the PR card is expired and the holder of the PR is not in Canada. If CIC asks to pick a renewed PR card at the local office, then how the holder of the PR card can enter Canada (the pr is expired). Can the Travel Authorization Document be issued then?
They need a PR Travel Document to return to Canada.

If at the time of applying for PR TD they don't meet the residency obligation and don't have compelling H&C reasons, then there's a good chance the PR TD will be rejected and their PR status will be revoked.

If they meet the RO, then there would be no problem to get the PR TD.