+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Renewal for a family with kids

ABCD_123

Mar 12, 2020
Hello all

I'm working to submit PR renewal applications for my family and me through the Permanent Residence Portal. However, I couldn't find an option to add applications for my spouse and kids. I assume the portal is there for minors and adults since they mentioned the requirements for kids (under 14). Can you share your experience if you submitted a PR renewal application online for a family?

We need to submit the application soon as our PR will expire soon.

Appreciate some advice!

Last edited:

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello all

I'm working to submit PR renewal applications for my family and me through the Permanent Residence Portal. However, I couldn't find an option to add applications for my spouse and kids. I assume the portal is there for minors and adults since they mentioned the requirements for kids (under 14). Can you share your experience if you submitted a PR renewal application online for a family?

Appreciate some advice!
From what little I know about the PR Portal, I can say with certainty that it's `having problems' in terms of being reliable; glitches reported from many members here. Having said that, you might try calling IRCC.

Just want to mention that your PR will NOT expire soon. Your PR status doesn't expire, just the PR Card expires.

Reactions: ABCD_123

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello all

Appreciate some advice!
I think each individual has to apply on their own, PR cards are individual and not 'family' status. If children, parents will just be signing forms for them (note, I think above 14 children AND a parent has to sign, but check the instructions).

ABCD_123

Mar 12, 2020
From what little I know about the PR Portal, I can say with certainty that it's `having problems' in terms of being reliable; glitches reported from many members here. Having said that, you might try calling IRCC.

Just want to mention that your PR will NOT expire soon. Your PR status doesn't expire, just the PR Card expires.
I was hoping to submit it online, thought it would be easier and faster. We need them to be valid as photo IDs, especially for the kids in case needed.

ABCD_123

Mar 12, 2020
I think each individual has to apply on their own, PR cards are individual and not 'family' status. If children, parents will just be signing forms for them (note, I think above 14 children AND a parent has to sign, but check the instructions).
Yeah, the issue is that in the PR portal, I can't make new applications for the kids. I'm not sure if I should submit my application first and then try to create more applications after that.