+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR renewal during Covid

Bains87

Sep 4, 2014
Thanks for the info! Lost my PR card, cannot imagine waiting 9 months plus on this more for citizenship to move to test taking and not being able to present my PR card (was lost). Worst they can do is reject my urgent processing request.
They have been very accommodating with accepting urgent applications, as long as you justify urgency and write URGENT on the package itself. To me having stuck in this no mans land with no PR and no citizenship itself is a genuine reason for urgent application.

Daafi

Sep 18, 2019
Hi Daafi,

here is my timeline:
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on October 21, 2020.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 21, 2020.
  3. We started processing your application on October 21, 2020.
I don't remember when I sent the application - around the end of September, I think.
I received the card on Monday - Nov 02.

I actually sent 2 applications, the first one was a regular one as I didn't plan to travel any time soon. Then the situation in my family changed and I need to travel any time -- I have filled the new application, updated all my information, included the same proof of payment, added the information on why I need the urgent processing (I wrote a cover letter and attached doctor's notice describing the family member's situation and the urgency), I also added "URGENT" on the envelope.

I didn't actually have a travel document -- I explained that due to COVID I don't have that yet as the situation is changing rapidly.

If you already sent your application and didn't write "Urgent" -- I doubt they will process instantly. If that's your case, that you can send one again, as I did.

Hope this will help.
Thankyou so much. @popek90.
Here is my timeline to date:
Application received Nov 4
Processing Nov 4
Decision Made Nov 4

Do you think they approved the urgent processing? Should I be expecting the cards next week? I have to travel in less than 3 weeks...

popek90

Star Member
Jul 8, 2020

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Daafi - I am not an expert, but I'd say that it looks positive. ;)

anandg12 -

Here is info from this website: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/pr-card/apply-renew-replace/urgent.html

To qualify for urgent permanent resident (PR) card processing, you must be travelling within the next three months due to:
  • a job opportunity
  • your own serious illness
  • the death of a family member
  • work related to your current job
  • the serious illness of a family member
The job opportunity should be a Canadian job opportunity. No urgent processing so that you can move to another country.

Keyurderasari

Star Member
Feb 13, 2016
gujarat
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13 march 2015
AOR Received.
20 may 2015
File Transfer...
13 may 2015
Med's Request
26 january 2016 (ReMedical)
Med's Done....
1 february 2016
Interview........
hope not
Hello all.. I have applied for PR card renew application on June 18 2021. Got the email from cic on Oct 5 2021 that they received file on June 21 2021. Since then I haven’t heard anything.. I m not able to check on line status. It says that We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:. I don’t know what do. Any suggestions pls…???

sarafandee

Nov 18, 2014
Hello all.. I have applied for PR card renew application on June 18 2021. Got the email from cic on Oct 5 2021 that they received file on June 21 2021. Since then I haven’t heard anything.. I m not able to check on line status. It says that We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:. I don’t know what do. Any suggestions pls…???
Did you call support?

fahad081

Star Member
Jun 9, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 31st, 2015
AOR Received.
March 15th, 2016
Med's Request
Noember 10th, 2016
Med's Done....
November 17th, 2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
April 7th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
April 14, 2017
LANDED..........
21-April-2017
Hello, is there an online process for PR card renewable or we have send the paper application?