+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Renewal: Correspondence from CIC sent to wrong address

maisoui

Apr 26, 2016
Hi there.
I have a little problem.
When I filled out my papers for my PR renewal, I filled in a home address and a mailbox address, as I have both.
The mail is supposed to go to my mailbox in Toronto, but unfortunately I filled in the wrong street number and the wrong suite number. Now online CIC says they sent correspondence out a month ago. I only realized about the wrong address a couple fo days ago and changed it online.

I thought, that if I leave an email address, they would correspond through email with me. I left an email address.
Now I am just wondering. If my mail, that was sent off bounces back to them, shouldn't they inform me or at least shouldn't they update on their website, that they weren't able to deliver the mail?

How much time do I usually have to respond to correspondence from CIC, if they have a question about my application?

Thank you for your help.

markarbet

Star Member
Feb 24, 2016
You have to call to CIC and verify the address with them via phone (where they sent your documents). If they sent it to the wrong address, just ask them to send it again to correct address.