+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR renewal and citizenship

CNtower92

Oct 24, 2020
Dear all,
I am new to this forum and I hope I could get some assistance.
I have been a PR for a year now and most of this year I have been outside Canada. I will be returning soon and when I do so and by the time my PR card expires I will have about 3 years and 6 months of physical presence.
I know that I am well above the minimum which is 2 years, however, I have seen cases of people falling in secondary reviews with 3 years and more of presence which is weird to me.
Also given that when I land I will still be looking for a job and taking sometime to find one so settlement won't be instant.
Could you please help informing me to why those applications get scrutinized with almost double the minimum required physical presence??

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
Dear all,
I am new to this forum and I hope I could get some assistance.
I have been a PR for a year now and most of this year I have been outside Canada. I will be returning soon and when I do so and by the time my PR card expires I will have about 3 years and 6 months of physical presence.
I know that I am well above the minimum which is 2 years, however, I have seen cases of people falling in secondary reviews with 3 years and more of presence which is weird to me.
Also given that when I land I will still be looking for a job and taking sometime to find one so settlement won't be instant.
Could you please help informing me to why those applications get scrutinized with almost double the minimum required physical presence??
I deleted my first response as it seems I did not understand your question the first time.

Most of the applications that I have observed to have been scrutinized are unable to prove they were really physically in Canada or those who are trying to get credit for being out of Canada accompanying a spouse. Can you cite any of the circumstances you speak of? Are they in this forum? Maybe if you post a link where they tell their story we can give a better idea?

CNtower92

Oct 24, 2020
I deleted my first response as it seems I did not understand your question the first time.

Most of the applications that I have observed to have been scrutinized are unable to prove they were really physically in Canada or those who are trying to get credit for being out of Canada accompanying a spouse. Can you cite any of the circumstances you speak of? Are they in this forum? Maybe if you post a link where they tell their story we can give a better idea?
Yes, I have read your previous response and my question is me being proactive towards sticking to my PR RO and citizenship physical presence.
I will try to link a couple of them, just saw one guy whose kids has passed 3 years and a half of presence and had their PR renewal app. put under scrutiny. No idea why

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
Yes, I have read your previous response and my question is me being proactive towards sticking to my PR RO and citizenship physical presence.
I will try to link a couple of them, just saw one guy whose kids has passed 3 years and a half of presence and had their PR renewal app. put under scrutiny. No idea why
As long as you are really in Canada I don’t see any issues. There will be plenty of proof since you’ll be working here and can show paystubs, you will have cellphone bills, your banking statements will show your activity all in Canada. I’m interested to read about these kids, please do post it here. Thank you.