+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR renewal after PRTD....urgent please!

HAWK123

Jul 10, 2012
Hi everyone,

I am 21 years old and have just recently returned to Canada (aug 2012) through using a PRTD after a very long time on humanitarian and compassionate grounds. I had left Canada in Jan 2004 when I was a minor and had only been in Canada for 45 days at the time leaving so my PR card has expired. Now I have returned and plan to start my life here and at the same time am going to start my masters' education at a well reputed University. Since the PRTD has been issued, I am assuming that my H&C grounds were acceptable by the officers at the Canadian Embassy of application but the officers at the landing airport had advised to apply for renewal of my PR Card as soon as possible.

So if I apply for renewal now immediately, I would be very much short of the 730 days residency requirement. In such a case, I am confused as to how should I proceed further or what other action should I take. I would really appreciate if anyone could advice on this very urgent matter. Thanks.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Write a cover letter for your renewal application stating again the same reasons you stated for your PRTD and same evidence and you should be fine.

HAWK123

Jul 10, 2012
Thanks Leon,

I would really like the matter resolved as early as possible as you advised to go ahead with the application, but what I am worried about is that some people on forums and otherwise mention that it is unwise to apply without meeting the requirements and instead to wait for 2 years before proceeding! How viable is that option? thanks again.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I do not know if they can question your reasons for staying away if the embassy already made the decision to give you a travel document to return. I find it unlikely. However, if you stay for 2 years without leaving before you apply, you will be 100% safe because you will meet the residency requirements again.

janay

Star Member
Feb 12, 2012
Hello Hawk123
Good to know that you got PRTD. I am in the same situation for my son who is in a medical school in Pakistan while my daughter has lost her PR status. I am here with my three other children for the past 26 months and have gone through many torturous phases. My entire case is on the forum. Can you tell me please what did you write in your application based on H&C reasons? were you interviewed?

My son will be 24 in this December and you? He came here in 2005 and went back in 2006 after completing grade 12(one year study only). Joined a medical school in 2007. Tentative date of completion of his degree is December 2012. please share your further experiences which can be helpful for me.
Thank you
Janay

HAWK123

Jul 10, 2012
Firstly, Thanks Leon for all your help. I am still pondering about what to do, but you have removed some uncertainties that I had in my mind. I would though like to ask further if their can be any questions raised if I apply after 2 years, as to why didn't I renew my PR or would the CIC just view my case suspiciously?

HAWK123

Jul 10, 2012
Hi Janay,

I don't know how the officers actually evaluate the H&C reasons, but I elaborated a bit and tried to be very truthful about my situation, that I really wanted to continue living in Canada when I left in 2004, but the decision was not mine to make at the time but instead of my parents. I am still 21.
Hope that helps........If you don't mind me asking, how did your daughter lose the PR status?

janay

Star Member
Feb 12, 2012
Hi.
Thank you for your prompt reply. As far as my daughter's case is concerned, my entire case is on the forum so you can go through all my posts but still there are many situations which I faced and learnt bitter experiences. I don't do job you can call me at 905 230 4859 or mail me for further queries (many people have contacted me for information and saved their status). However I will advise you not to apply for PR card renewal before accumulating 730 days. Long story short I stayed away four out of five years and when came back applied for renewal before fulfilling RO I remained in trouble............
Janay

2ba

Oct 8, 2012
Hello
I have a question I just want to know that how long did it take for your PRTD processing time?
we've almost the same situation we've applied for PRTD since january 2012 and we r still waiting ... we have the decision from canada that we did not loose our PR status ...we have sent emails, letters and we have called the embassy several times but did'nt get any reply....can anyone tell what to do?