+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR renewal, additional info requested

Trex25

Star Member
Jun 9, 2013
Dear All,

I applied for my PR card renewal in March. They have sent me a letter from CPC Nova Scotia asking me for

- copy all pages of my passport(s)
- personal immigration entry/exit record

The first requirement is clear, but can any one advise me if you know what is the " Personal immigration entry/exit record"

By the way, the online status of my application shows Decision Made: and approved for PR renewal ::) why the additional info :'(

Thanks!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They probably mean your exit entry record from CBSA, see here: http://www.cbsa.gc.ca/agency-agence/reports-rapports/pia-efvp/atip-aiprp/req-dem-priv-eng.html

You realize that even when you are approved for PR renewal, when you come to pick up your card and they look at your passport and feel that they see too many stamps in there, they can still have 2nd thoughts, tuck your new PR card away and send your case to RQ where you'd be delayed and have to prove your time in Canada.

In order to protect yourself and avoid that, you should get them what they want.

If you have long stays in Canada where you have been employed, you might also take your tax assessments with you as well as some info on your employment, maybe ask your employer for a bank letter verifying how long you've worked there etc. You can take that along when you go pick up your PR card in case they ask for more proof.

Trex25

Star Member
Jun 9, 2013
Thanks Leon!!

Actually they did not ask me to pick up PR's. ( yet hopefully :) ) Do you know how long it takes to get the records if I apply? Also, someone told me that Personal record is actually your own made Excel Sheet of the travels you made !!! ::) Can that be ?

I am a stock trader, so am my own boss, but I have all my home bills, my kids school reports...Should I send them those too?

Thanks!

taz

May 30, 2013
Hi Trex25 can you please tell me the timeline of your PR application. I mean the date your approval was made and the date you got your letter requesting additional info. I also applied in March and have been waiting for the letter from CIC for the last three weeks.

Your help will be much appreciated. Thanks

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is possible that they mean your personal record, however, you should already have sent that with your application I think. Get the one from CBSA and do your own to match. Match it up with your passport stamps for them. Kids school records only prove that your kids were in Canada, not that you were but bills could help and if you see the doctor or dentist on a regular basis, getting those records will help as well. You can actually contact the health care in your province and ask for your records from them what appointments they have paid for you.

Trex25

Star Member
Jun 9, 2013
Thanks again Leon !!

Will do. Will let you know how it goes.

Taz,

I applied on March 18th and got response on the online system on June 1st . The letter on June 7.

Regards to all.

frazme

Sep 10, 2013
Hi Trex,

I have received a similar letter for my PR renewal.

27 May 2013 applied for PR renewal
18 Aug 2013 recieved the Letter to provide passport pages copies and personal entry/exit record.

Online status is still showing inprocess.

Can you pls advice what happened in your case and what documents did I provide u provide. Did they call u go an interview or asked to pick up the PR. How long did it take .

Thanks
Fraz

benk

Star Member
Jul 11, 2011
Hi Trex25 and frazme,

How many days in Canada do you have when you applied for your PR card?

Did you apply after the expiration of your current PR card?