+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Rejected! What do I do??

s.jane1990

Oct 22, 2020
I applied for PR with my spouse and we have just found out our PR has been rejected due to the officer not being satisfied that my duties matched NOC code.

We were on implied status awaiting the outcome of this but now because of this decision we are out of status. We both live and work in full time jobs in Canada. Do we have to quit and leave the country now? Is there any way to quickly reapply and remain in Canada? I have seen some people on this forums restore status as a visitor but then you cannot work?

We are renting and have bills and a car and lots of furniture here, I don't know what to do and i'm stressed out. Can anyone help advise please! Thank you!!

wuyitongXX

Star Member
Aug 17, 2018
when was your AOR date?

Can you post your NOC and copy paste the duties from your employment letter?

wuyitongXX

Star Member
Aug 17, 2018
I applied for PR with my spouse and we have just found out our PR has been rejected due to the officer not being satisfied that my duties matched NOC code.

We were on implied status awaiting the outcome of this but now because of this decision we are out of status. We both live and work in full time jobs in Canada. Do we have to quit and leave the country now? Is there any way to quickly reapply and remain in Canada? I have seen some people on this forums restore status as a visitor but then you cannot work?

We are renting and have bills and a car and lots of furniture here, I don't know what to do and i'm stressed out. Can anyone help advise please! Thank you!!
Have you applied BOWP after you submit your PR application?

RAMAAA91

Mar 8, 2020

Buddy i know how stressing it is i have faced same situation at one point until i get to know eligibility is passes for my PR..
U have 2 things
EITHER applying for visitor visa and re apply the PR but this time make sure about NOC and all other docs take time dont rush when ur applying PR by urself its hell lot of paperwork and myself im so impatient and i crosschecked atleast 5 to 6times to make sure there are no errors..
OR
if your employer or your spouse employer is ready to apply LMIA (not sure how long the processing takes currently inorder to approve if thr company did in past i guess it wont be too delayed) and with that u can extend ur work permit but it will be closed work permit..however while ur waiting for LMIA to aprove u have to apply for visitor visa to sustain ur legal status..
For both the options i prefer if the employer is supportive you can request for a month vacation (that way you will have ur job)explaining the situation and you can defer your payments saying to the insurance and car finance that u took off from work for a month..

horizonj

Jun 9, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
11-06-2020

Sorry to hear. Did you contact IRCC for your status or you got the email from them? How long were you in the process before you know it? Thank you.

RAMAAA91

Mar 8, 2020
Buddy i know how stressing it is i have faced same situation at one point until i get to know eligibility is passes for my PR..
U have 2 things
EITHER applying for visitor visa and re apply the PR but this time make sure about NOC and all other docs take time dont rush when ur applying PR by urself its hell lot of paperwork and myself im so impatient and i crosschecked atleast 5 to 6times to make sure there are no errors..
OR
if your employer or your spouse employer is ready to apply LMIA (not sure how long the processing takes currently inorder to approve if thr company did in past i guess it wont be too delayed) and with that u can extend ur work permit but it will be closed work permit..however while ur waiting for LMIA to aprove u have to apply for visitor visa to sustain ur legal status..
For both the options i prefer if the employer is supportive you can request for a month vacation (that way you will have ur job)explaining the situation and you can defer your payments saying to the insurance and car finance that u took off from work for a month..
But remember taking vacation from work is only when u apply visitor visa as u cant work under visitor visa but if nothing works for you and you are ok with spending money u can approach lawyer to re apply PR but until then u have to have legal status which is only through visitor visa..

Meanwhile as everyone knows u can do cash jobs for expenses even when ur under visitor visa if you dont have any savings..but make sure that u dont provude ur SIN to anyone if u do cash jobs...im not encouraging ppl to do cash jobs bit as i have gone through that stress i know the pain especially when u have responsibilities and family depending on u..

Santy18

Star Member
Jul 8, 2020

NOC code, Job description and AOR date pls..you can try reaching out BACK TO IRCC.

s.jane1990

Oct 22, 2020
when was your AOR date?

Can you post your NOC and copy paste the duties from your employment letter?
AOR January 14 2020
My NOC is 1221 Administrative Officer I don't have my employment letter with me but can post it when I'm at home. I felt it matched duties and lead statement pretty well but IRCC didnt think so. Very annoying that they don't explain why they thought it was not a match!

U have 2 things
OR
Thank you so much its so stressful im honestly considering just giving up on it all and going back home. So am I right in thinking I have to apply to reinstate status as a visitor before I do anything else? and I can only re apply for PR once I have visitor status? Are we still eligible to apply under CEC if we are unemployed due to being on visitor status?

Lucky we have some savings but not that much if this process takes months.. what is the quickest way to resume work in this situation??

Thanks!!

RAMAAA91

Mar 8, 2020
AOR January 14 2020
My NOC is 1221 Administrative Officer I don't have my employment letter with me but can post it when I'm at home. I felt it matched duties and lead statement pretty well but IRCC didnt think so. Very annoying that they don't explain why they thought it was not a match!

Thank you so much its so stressful im honestly considering just giving up on it all and going back home. So am I right in thinking I have to apply to reinstate status as a visitor before I do anything else? and I can only re apply for PR once I have visitor status? Are we still eligible to apply under CEC if we are unemployed due to being on visitor status?

Lucky we have some savings but not that much if this process takes months.. what is the quickest way to resume work in this situation??

Thanks!!
Yup u need to have a legal status before u re apply to PR.and about CEC exp i guess u might have shown 1 or 2 yrs for your application so no need to worry as u already submitted PR in the past which means u can submit only when u finish that 1 or 2 full years that you mentioned in ur application..show the sam exp again...but if you finish 3 yrs by yesterday for instance u can show it as ur PR got rejected today and the exp u got on implied status is counted i guess if im not wrong but ask @legalfalcon.

oaktest1986

Sep 21, 2020

Really sorry to hear. Were you in closed work permit or PGWP? And order GCMS note for more clarity (identify which reference letter causing this issue (Foreign work exp or Canadian Work exp). If you were in closed work permit, you can contact Lawyer.

HK7921

Star Member
Sep 25, 2020
AOR January 14 2020

Thanks!!
Did you already give your biometrics? Or were you exempt? Did you order GCMS notes? Maybe they will help. I am so sorry for your rejection., I know how stressful it can be. All the best!!

jagdeep22

Star Member
Nov 6, 2016
Sorry for the rejection, but did you ever ask IRCC for eligibility and security as your application looks older than 6 months.