+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pr refused due to not submitting arc with it

usamina

May 16, 2022
Hey!
Im an American citizen, I was in canada with my parents almost 16 years ago, my parents had applied for refugee status and were denied, they were told to leave canada but over stayed and were issued a deportation order. Unfortunately despite being a minor(4 years old) i was included in their baggage and was deported from here too. I wasn't aware of this whole situation until I married a Canadian and was told at the airport of the whole situation. My hubsand applied for a TRP so I could have status in the beginning, later on applied for PR, our lawyer told us to apply for the ARC separately and we did. My PR got refused just because the ARC wasn't included, and now we're still waiting for the approval of the ARC.
What should I do now? Wait for the ARC or re apply for the PR?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hey!
Im an American citizen, I was in canada with my parents almost 16 years ago, my parents had applied for refugee status and were denied, they were told to leave canada but over stayed and were issued a deportation order. Unfortunately despite being a minor(4 years old) i was included in their baggage and was deported from here too. I wasn't aware of this whole situation until I married a Canadian and was told at the airport of the whole situation. My hubsand applied for a TRP so I could have status in the beginning, later on applied for PR, our lawyer told us to apply for the ARC separately and we did. My PR got refused just because the ARC wasn't included, and now we're still waiting for the approval of the ARC.
Your situation seems odd. Normally you don't apply for the ARC separately. Normally you would apply for spousal sponsorship and then IRCC will process the ARC along with that application. So it seems strange to me that this didn't happen in your case. Can you post the full refusal letter? What does your lawyer say?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hey!
1. The ARC should have been included with the PR application.

Heathcote

Mar 22, 2022
If your Permanent Resident (PR) application has been rejected, you have two options to proceed with. Firstly, you could appeal against your rejection if the reasons for failure are currently no longer applicable to you. Alternatively, you could submit a reapplication after a 6 months cooldown period