+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR refusal

Jhegel

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020
CEC.
First refusal reason was my point cut off below threshold for that round.
Basically, I got some points for the trade license, but turned out that license was issued from Municipality but should be Federal, therefore points had been reduced.
The funny part is that, let’s say for that round was 470 points cut off, and after they reduced my points for license, I’ve got 469. 1 point -refusal, 8 years in country, studying, working, paying taxes.
OMG!! So sad!! It's been 8 yrs in Canada and still, they don't want to give u PR!! Not fair!! From Which province you applied?

Diane Matthie

Feb 28, 2019
Inland
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
12-06-2019
AOR Received.
12-06-2019
LANDED..........
18-09-2021
CEC.
First refusal reason was my point cut off below threshold for that round.
Basically, I got some points for the trade license, but turned out that license was issued from Municipality but should be Federal, therefore points had been reduced.
The funny part is that, let’s say for that round was 470 points cut off, and after they reduced my points for license, I’ve got 469. 1 point -refusal, 8 years in country, studying, working, paying taxes.
That's just brutal. For immigration everything is so black and white. No room for deviation.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
OMG!! So sad!! It's been 8 yrs in Canada and still, they don't want to give u PR!! Not fair!! From Which province you applied?
That’s not exactly how immigration works. The VO bases their decision on the facts presented, not how long someone has been in the country, or how much in taxes someone has paid. I’m beginning to wonder if individuals in other countries don’t pay taxes, or Canada is a anomaly in that area

Reactions: facethereality

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Hi everybody,
I appreciate if you share your experience with me regarding refusing PR. My PR was refused (I had a crazy mistake) I solved the problem and applied again. Do you think the process of the second application would be fast? my Medical Exam and my Security had been passed in the first application, do you think it helps me for second application? Lawyers say that the first application and the second application are connected.
Your first application will have no bearing in their decision for second application. They will view each application as a separate case. So don't worry!!

I was refused after 10 months. Refusal letter stated 3 reasons 1) ECA was wrong, 2) officer was not convinced with my foreign work experience and 3) officer did not believe gift letter was genuine. However, my second application was approved in 4 months. Strange part is not a single ADR was requested and the processing went very smooth. I had even made up my mind that it will take atleast 1 year to see any kind of movement because of the complications of my first application but one morning when I woke up, I saw the PPR email.

What I have learnt from this experience is that, your documents need to be genuine and more importantly you need to be 100% honest. Come clean and let them verify whether what you claim is true or not. Trust me, they're very thorough with their checks.

Reactions: AlexiBaron

horizonj

Jun 9, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
11-06-2020
Your first application will have no bearing in their decision for second application. They will view each application as a separate case. So don't worry!!

I was refused after 10 months. Refusal letter stated 3 reasons 1) ECA was wrong, 2) officer was not convinced with my foreign work experience and 3) officer did not believe gift letter was genuine. However, my second application was approved in 4 months. Strange part is not a single ADR was requested and the processing went very smooth. I had even made up my mind that it will take atleast 1 year to see any kind of movement because of the complications of my first application but one morning when I woke up, I saw the PPR email.

What I have learnt from this experience is that, your documents need to be genuine and more importantly you need to be 100% honest. Come clean and let them verify whether what you claim is true or not. Trust me, they're very thorough with their checks.
Hi there. Just curious, what made the VO doubted your foreign work experience? What documents did you submit then? Thank you.

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Hi there. Just curious, what made the VO doubted your foreign work experience? What documents did you submit then? Thank you.
I only submitted work experience letter. after 6 months officer asked for IT returns. This is when the problem started. I was being paid in cash so my employer never gave me any form 16 and I did not file tax returns either since it was not mandatory. I just got a letter from my employer stating I have low income so tax returns were not filed. I got refusal after 4 months. I think this may also have raised suspicion about my gift deed but I never received any ADR on that.

A month later, I came clean with my second application. I submitted the same work experience letter but for additional proof, I requested my employer to provide another letter mentioning I was paid in cash and he even gave his business card(I didn't ask for it). Same time I also filed 2 years tax returns and attached them along. Gift deed got corrected on its own as the funds were already in my account for more than a year. I only provided 12 month bank statement to prove the same.

I thought they will compare both my applications and a PFL will be sent asking why I didn't disclose all this information with my previous application. However, no such thing happened and I got PPR in 4 months.

Reactions: horizonj

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi everybody,
I appreciate if you share your experience with me regarding refusing PR. My PR was refused (I had a crazy mistake) I solved the problem and applied again. Do you think the process of the second application would be fast? my Medical Exam and my Security had been passed in the first application, do you think it helps me for second application? Lawyers say that the first application and the second application are connected.
Of course not, each application is independent and will be assessed on its own merits. They will certainly look at any previously processed applications, especially if they were refused, but they will not link them together or anything like that.

If you previous Medical and Security were already passed, the process will restart from 0 even if nothing has changed. There are a series of steps through which each application has to go through.

Sorry but you are back to square 1. Also, given the current situation with the pandemic your wait will most likely be longer that it would have been under different circumstances.

Reactions: AlexiBaron

Rajk1991

Star Member
Mar 13, 2020
Calgary
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......

What was wrong in your ECA?

Rajk1991

Star Member
Mar 13, 2020
Calgary
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
I only submitted work experience letter. after 6 months officer asked for IT returns. This is when the problem started. I was being paid in cash so my employer never gave me any form 16 and I did not file tax returns either since it was not mandatory. I just got a letter from my employer stating I have low income so tax returns were not filed. I got refusal after 4 months. I think this may also have raised suspicion about my gift deed but I never received any ADR on that.

A month later, I came clean with my second application. I submitted the same work experience letter but for additional proof, I requested my employer to provide another letter mentioning I was paid in cash and he even gave his business card(I didn't ask for it). Same time I also filed 2 years tax returns and attached them along. Gift deed got corrected on its own as the funds were already in my account for more than a year. I only provided 12 month bank statement to prove the same.

I thought they will compare both my applications and a PFL will be sent asking why I didn't disclose all this information with my previous application. However, no such thing happened and I got PPR in 4 months.
Hello pls guide me
My two year experience in India as staff nurse in hospital and start date October 2014 to December 2016
but they gave me case monthly and i haven’t any pay stub and tax return
but I have a experience letter, joining letter and relieving letter from hospital
This paper is enough for pr application or if not what should do now?

bettercallsaul.

Jul 6, 2019
Hello pls guide me
My two year experience in India as staff nurse in hospital and start date October 2014 to December 2016
but I have a experience letter, joining letter and relieving letter from hospital
In my opinion, foreign work experience doesn’t really matter to much when you applying for CEC, that’s why it give you small amount of points. They also aware that in many countries let’s say a little bit different system of employment and usually they can’t even check legitimacy of one.
I think entire system is a lottery same as green card. For instance, let’s draw parallel, if employer wants to get rid of you ( for some reason ), he/she would find the reason why to do so. I’m tryna say that majority of applications are not ideal and can not be, because all that requirements and rules on website could be applied differently. That’s why we observe lots of treads where people got refusal based on some small issues with employment letter.
Its only my humble opinion, based on what I observed. It might be wrong, so don’t throw too many rotten tomatoes :)

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Hello pls guide me
Were you paid via bank transfer or cash? If money was being deposited in your bank account, a bank statement along with the other documents you've mentioned should be sufficient.

However, do you have Canadian experience at all? If not, you won't be eligible for the Canadian Experience Class, but may be eligible under the Federal Skilled Worker class. Have you calculated your CRS points?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
In my opinion, foreign work experience doesn’t really matter to much when you applying for CEC, that’s why it give you small amount of points. They also aware that in many countries let’s say a little bit different system of employment and usually they can’t even check legitimacy of one.
I think entire system is a lottery same as green card. For instance, let’s draw parallel, if employer wants to get rid of you ( for some reason ), he/she would find the reason why to do so. I’m tryna say that majority of applications are not ideal and can not be, because all that requirements and rules on website could be applied differently. That’s why we observe lots of treads where people got refusal based on some small issues with employment letter.
Its only my humble opinion, based on what I observed. It might be wrong, so don’t throw too many rotten tomatoes :)
Nah, this is not accurate at all. The Canadian system is about as far removed from a "lottery" as you can get. The guidelines are extremely clear, and are consistently applied. There is very little subjectivity in the process - if you follow the guidelines, you are pretty much guaranteed to get your PR. And you can always get a copy of GCMS notes and see exactly what the officer wrote on your file - this is very easy and very cheap and people do it all the time ( search for "GCMS report" on this forum).

Not sure where you're getting the whole "majority of all applications are not ideal and cannot be".

Rajk1991

Star Member
Mar 13, 2020
Calgary
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Were you paid via bank transfer or cash? If money was being deposited in your bank account, a bank statement along with the other documents you've mentioned should be sufficient.

However, do you have Canadian experience at all? If not, you won't be eligible for the Canadian Experience Class, but may be eligible under the Federal Skilled Worker class. Have you calculated your CRS points?
thanks for all for reply
(1) I m under Canadian experience class. I have a one year Canada experience and I m now working in Canada.

(2). When I worked in India hospital that I hadn’t any bank statement.

Reactions: Jhegel

Jhegel

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020
thanks for all for reply
(1) I m under Canadian experience class. I have a one year Canada experience and I m now working in Canada.

(2). When I worked in India hospital that I hadn’t any bank statement.
Hey did they asked the bank statement or why u worried about it? Are you waiting for PR? What's ur status now? Did u apply through Canadian experience or what?
Just curious, cz I am also a nurse and I don't have any bank statements with me as well!

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hello pls guide me
Your "experience letter" (letter of reference) must have the following details
- date written at the top of the letter (written after completion of the experience)
- dates of employment
- job title
- hours worked per week
- wage / salary / remuneration
- job duties and responsibilities
- printed on letterhead with contact information of the letter writer (usually a former supervisor or HR contact)
- since you were a nurse, it would be helpful to also include a copy of any license or certification that may have been required

The other two letters are helpful, supporting documentation, but you have to have a solid letter of reference. If your letter of reference meets the requirements, then it is probably enough.