SINP 2014 PNP

Star Member
Apr 18, 2015
Hi I got my PR by Sinp parmanent full time job offer last year summer

My question can I move providence

Can it effect at airport when I will be back if go to holiday

Can it effect on my citizenship application

Any reply would be highly appreciated

Bcz I got my PR with so hard time by Cic ( I mean too many unusual documents requested and delay )

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can move province.

It is possible that some ill informed immigration officer wants to give you trouble at the airport if you tell them that you left your PNP province. However, there is nothing they can do to you.

You will not have any problem with your citizenship.

Reactions: Jag49

SINP 2014 PNP

Star Member
Apr 18, 2015
Leon said:
You can move province.

It is possible that some ill informed immigration officer wants to give you trouble at the airport if you tell them that you left your PNP province. However, there is nothing they can do to you.

You will not have any problem with your citizenship.
Thanks for your kind reply

I try to find out from Cic website

But didn't get any information there

So I was little worried

But I found there is a link where it says mobility rights mean I can live any where in Canada

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SINP 2014 PNP said:
Thanks for your kind reply

I try to find out from Cic website

But didn't get any information there

So I was little worried

But I found there is a link where it says mobility rights mean I can live any where in Canada
Here: http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/const/page-15.html under article 6:

6. (1) Every citizen of Canada has the right to enter, remain in and leave Canada.

Marginal note:Rights to move and gain livelihood

(2) Every citizen of Canada and every person who has the status of a permanent resident of Canada has the right

(a) to move to and take up residence in any province; and

(b) to pursue the gaining of a livelihood in any province.
The only limitation to that is if you have a condition on your PR. You would see that on your COPR. Some immigration programs in the past have had conditions on them such as invest in a business and successfully run that business for x years. One current condition is for sponsored spouses that they must cohabit with their sponsor for 2 years after becoming a PR. PNP's do not have any such conditions. Basically you sign a statement saying that you intend to settle in the province. There is no minimum time. It can therefore fully be your intention to settle in that province when you apply and when you land as a PR but if it doesn't work out for you there, if you have problems finding a job etc., nobody can fault you for moving away.

SINP 2014 PNP

Star Member
Apr 18, 2015
Leon said:
Here: http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/const/page-15.html under article 6:

The only limitation to that is if you have a condition on your PR. You would see that on your COPR. Some immigration programs in the past have had conditions on them such as invest in a business and successfully run that business for x years. One current condition is for sponsored spouses that they must cohabit with their sponsor for 2 years after becoming a PR. PNP's do not have any such conditions. Basically you sign a statement saying that you intend to settle in the province. There is no minimum time. It can therefore fully be your intention to settle in that province when you apply and when you land as a PR but if it doesn't work out for you there, if you have problems finding a job etc., nobody can fault you for moving away.
Thanks so much useful information

Last question : do I have update my current address with Cic
Or what kind of change I have to update with Cic
Or I am free do not have to contact with Cic

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SINP 2014 PNP said:
Thanks so much useful information

Last question : do I have update my current address with Cic
Or what kind of change I have to update with Cic
Or I am free do not have to contact with Cic
There is absolutely no need or duty to update your address with CIC unless you have an open application. When you need something from them like citizenship or a new PR card, you would have to give them a current address in order to communicate with you.

SINP 2014 PNP

Star Member
Apr 18, 2015
Leon said:
There is absolutely no need or duty to update your address with CIC unless you have an open application. When you need something from them like citizenship or a new PR card, you would have to give them a current address in order to communicate with you.
Sorry I am very sorry

I made a mistake

Before my PR granted I was wok permit visa

And my work permit was almost expire then I applied for extension but one month later I got my Pr

Then I send email to Cic please close my work permit application Bcz I got my Pr now

Still they didn't close my application

Still I received automatic email from Cic that there is no update about my work permit application

So my concern is why they don't close my work permit application

Is it bad sign

How can I close that

What should I do

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
Once you are PR, your WP will be void. Better to stay in the nominated province during the initial years. If you are unable to find a job then you can move out.