Waived
Passport Req..
24-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
14-10-2015
LANDED..........
07-12-2015 :)
Hi guys.
I was approved for PR as a spouse of a Canadian citizen (family sponsorship) in November 2015. I arrived in Toronto with my wife at the beginning of December 2015 and I got the PR card.
I lived and worked in Canada for 10 moths and got a great job offer back home -it's not a Canadian company. I moved back to Poland in October 2016 with my wife. My PR card expires in January 2021.
I also registered a business in Toronto one month before I left the country and I didn't have the chance to close it.
Of course, I don't want to lose my PR so I want to be very careful deciding what to do next.

My questions are:
- for how long can I stay in Poland working for a non-Canadian company and not lose my PR?
- my Canadian wife lives here with me. Does it count?
- does visiting my wife's family in Canada count to the time I stayed in the country (even if I go just for holidays)?
- I registered my business in Toronto and still didn't close it (it doesn't give me any income for now). Should I keep it opened and go to Canada once for a while and create some income? Is it going to help me proving that I am still connected with Canada?

Please help.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Start by reading here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5445ETOC.asp#appendixA

Read the section accompanying citizen outside Canada

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
userpg said:
- for how long can I stay in Poland working for a non-Canadian company and not lose my PR?
- my Canadian wife lives here with me. Does it count?
- does visiting my wife's family in Canada count to the time I stayed in the country (even if I go just for holidays)?
- I registered my business in Toronto and still didn't close it (it doesn't give me any income for now). Should I keep it opened and go to Canada once for a while and create some income? Is it going to help me proving that I am still connected with Canada?
Hi

Provided your Canadian wife is living with you, under the current rules, you could stay there forever and still meet the PR Residency Obligation.

There is no need to go to Canada to "create some income".

userpg

Star Member
Feb 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2015, received by CIC: 15-05-2015
AOR Received.
18-06-2015
File Transfer...
SA: 15-07-2015, AOR2: 06-08-2015
Med's Done....
18-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
14-10-2015
LANDED..........
07-12-2015 :)
canuck_in_uk said:
Hi

Provided your Canadian wife is living with you, under the current rules, you could stay there forever and still meet the PR Residency Obligation.

There is no need to go to Canada to "create some income".
Thanks a lot. She is living with me however she doesn't have a job here yet. Does it still count? Or does she have to be here working for a Canadian company?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
userpg said:
Thanks a lot. She is living with me however she doesn't have a job here yet. Does it still count? Or does she have to be here working for a Canadian company?
If she were required to be employed, I would have stated that.

AtHomeInMontreal

Star Member
Dec 6, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
Never
Med's Done....
Done prior to App
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
Nov 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2011
LANDED..........
Dec 2011
userpg,

canuck_in_uk is correct, as usual.

One thing you may want to do is to keep records that support your wife being there with you and her status in Poland. Scan her passport showing any entry/exit stamps and keep your airline tickets, etc. There shouldn't be any issue, but the more you have the better when it comes time to renew your PR card in the future.

With regard to your business, these are valid for 5 years in Ontario but can be renewed online at https://www.ontario.ca/page/business-name-registration.

You may want to look into the regulations regarding a change of address, as you probably no longer live at the address you used to register the business. I'm also not sure what needs to be done if you leave Canada/Ontario. I took a quick look through the website to see if these were easily accessible but could not find them.

Canada Business Ontario can be reached at 1-888-576-4444 (not sure if this is available from Poland) or by using their online form at http://www.cbo-eco.ca/en/index.cfm/contact-us/#telephone.

Jan 14, 2017
Hey so my sister received her PPR however my dad,mom and me did not recieve ours yet, Thry said our file is still undergoing verifications. Should I be worried?PLEASE HELPPPPPPPOOOPO