+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Question

Mahakarora

Star Member
Mar 22, 2019
I will be applying my PR very soon, my husband is refugee rejected and he is gone back to india already. He will not be accompanying m in canada.

will his rejection affect my PR application?

and if i get the PR, what are his chances to get spousal sponsorship later after few years

Thank you

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I will be applying my PR very soon, my husband is refugee rejected and he is gone back to india already. He will not be accompanying m in canada.

and if i get the PR, what are his chances to get spousal sponsorship later after few years

Thank you
He must be included in your applicatiion as non accompanying and take the medical/polic check etc. Did he get a ban from Canada when he left? If no ban, you can sponsor him for PR with no issues.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Thank you
When did you get married?

Mahakarora

Star Member
Mar 22, 2019
He must be included in your applicatiion as non accompanying and take the medical/polic check etc. Did he get a ban from Canada when he left? If no ban, you can sponsor him for PR with no issues.
Thank you! No there is no Ban, just a rejection.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks, few days ago but he was returned to home country later in august
You can list him as non-accompanying on your application. Given his asylum application there may be concerns about the validity of your relationship so hopefully you will have spent time together in person during your relationship and marriage. You should also have a good reason why your spouse will only be listed as non-accompanying and not joining you in Canada as soon as possible.