+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR question with regards to Citizenship application

SYR

Oct 16, 2012
I am a PR and my card expires January 1, 2013. I applied for Canadian Citizenship in August of 2011. In August of 2012 I received the Residency questionnaire which I have completed and submitted. I am married to a Canadian and we live in Canada. I have now completed the application for a PR card renewal except for the payment. My question is this:
Should I pay the $475 for the renewal of my PR card and submit, or wait and see what happens with CIC with regards to my Residency Questionnaire?
My concern is having the two applications in place or taking the risk at letting the card expire and not having one if I have to travel outside the country after January 1, 2012.
Any help with this decision would be greatly appreciated.
(PS. Thank you for this site - the responses given in other posts has been very helpful.)

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
$475 to renew a PR card? Where did you get that? The original family application sponsorship fee is that high plus $75 for sponsor and 490 for right of PR fee but that is a one time fee. To renew an existing PR card that is expired it only costs $50.