+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR profile - US visa deniel

avanipatil

Dec 11, 2016
Hello Everyone,

I am on the stage to submit PR documents.

While updating the profile i encountered below questions under statutory section:

Has <name> been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?

Has <name> ever been refused a Visa or Permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other Country?

Since i was refused US B2 tourism visa under the most common reason. I am really confused now that:

1) should i need to select YES in both questions of only for 2nd one?

2) Is below response provided is enough or should i give more details description about the reason?
My response:
"I was refused US B2 Tourism visa under section 214(b) of the US, which i applied on XX-XX-XXXX: Case Number: XXXXXXX"

Please help

Thanks, would appreciate any help/suggestion

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

avanipatil said:
Hello Everyone,

I am on the stage to submit PR documents.

While updating the profile i encountered below questions under statutory section:

Has <name> been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?

Has <name> ever been refused a Visa or Permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other Country?

Since i was refused US B2 tourism visa under the most common reason. I am really confused now that:

1) should i need to select YES in both questions of only for 2nd one?

2) Is below response provided is enough or should i give more details description about the reason?
My response:
"I was refused US B2 Tourism visa under section 214(b) of the US, which i applied on XX-XX-XXXX: Case Number: XXXXXXX"

Please help

Thanks, would appreciate any help/suggestion
1. Yes only for the 2nd question.

nope

Oct 3, 2015
Just the truth -- CIC doesn't care. Be accurate, and brief. If you have what the US wrote, put it down: 'insufficient attachment to home country', or 'insufficient funds', whatever. If you don't know why, say so and then tell them what you think is most likely.

People hate doing this, but it doesn't matter. I was refused entry to Belgium and tried to figure out a way to either not put it down, or make it sound benign. Then I reflected -- this is not something that makes you inadmissable. When there is something like that, CIC explains, as in DUIs. This is two things: a bureaucratic collection of information, and an honesty test. Don't think of it as anything else. Wrack your brains to think of any other possible visa refusals. If there is anything borderline, put it down as well.

avanipatil

Dec 11, 2016
nope said:
Just the truth -- CIC doesn't care. Be accurate, and brief. If you have what the US wrote, put it down: 'insufficient attachment to home country', or 'insufficient funds', whatever. If you don't know why, say so and then tell them what you think is most likely.

People hate doing this, but it doesn't matter. I was refused entry to Belgium and tried to figure out a way to either not put it down, or make it sound benign. Then I reflected -- this is not something that makes you inadmissable. When there is something like that, CIC explains, as in DUIs. This is two things: a bureaucratic collection of information, and an honesty test. Don't think of it as anything else. Wrack your brains to think of any other possible visa refusals. If there is anything borderline, put it down as well.
Thanks for your detailed insight its very helpful.

But little worried about the wordings what should i put in the reasoning.

What if i only put "I was refused US B2 Tourism visa under section 214(b)of US immigration act which I applied on XX-XX-XXXX. Case ID: XXXXXX"

OR should i mention more details?

i was give a pink sleep at the time of interview FOllowing is the extract from it. Can somone please help me to get exact words to put in. will really appreciate any kind of help:

This is to inform you that you have been found ineligible for a nonimmigrant visa under Section 214(b) of the US immigration and Nationality act. A denial under this section means that you were not able to demonstart that your intended activities in the united states would be consistent with the classified of the nonimmigrant visa for which you applied.

While nonimmigran visa classifications each have their own unique requirements, one requirement shared by many of the nonimmignrat vusa categories is for the applicant to demonstrat that he/se has a residence in a foreign country which he/she has no intention of abondoning. Applicants usually meet this requirement by demonstrating that they have strong ties overseas that indicate that they will return to a foreign country after tempropry visit to the united states. Such tied include professional, work, family or social links to a foriegn country. You have not demonsrated that you have the ties that will compel you to return to your home country after your travel to the united states.

Please help!