+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR profile - Reasoning for US Visa denial

avanipatil

Dec 11, 2016
Hello Guys,

Please provide your suggestion...

Am little worried about the wordings what should i put in the reasoning of my US B2 tourism visa denial.

What if i only put "I was refused US B2 Tourism visa under section 214(b) of US immigration act which I applied on XX-XX-XXXX. Case ID: XXXXXX"

OR should i mention more details?

i was give a pink sleep at the time of interview FOllowing is the extract from it. Can somone please help me to get exact words to put in. will really appreciate any kind of help:

This is to inform you that you have been found ineligible for a nonimmigrant visa under Section 214(b) of the US immigration and Nationality act. A denial under this section means that you were not able to demonstart that your intended activities in the united states would be consistent with the classified of the nonimmigrant visa for which you applied.

While nonimmigran visa classifications each have their own unique requirements, one requirement shared by many of the nonimmignrat vusa categories is for the applicant to demonstrat that he/se has a residence in a foreign country which he/she has no intention of abondoning. Applicants usually meet this requirement by demonstrating that they have strong ties overseas that indicate that they will return to a foreign country after tempropry visit to the united states. Such tied include professional, work, family or social links to a foriegn country. You have not demonsrated that you have the ties that will compel you to return to your home country after your travel to the united states.

Please help!

gatorengineer

Star Member
May 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-16
Doc's Request.
11-08-16
AOR Received.
27-06-16
IELTS Request
CELPIP Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
15-07-16
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2016
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
If the letter had no unique reason then "section 214(b) of US immigration act " should be sufficient.

avanipatil

Dec 11, 2016
gatorengineer said:
If the letter had no unique reason then "section 214(b) of US immigration act " should be sufficient.
Thanks a lot!

My only concern if i leave it open ended by only mentioning section 214(b) it might make reviewer suspicious that what is this section about.

How about putting another line

I was refused US B2 Tourism visa under section 214(b) of US immigration act according to which "You have not demonstrated that you have the ties that will compel you to return to your home country after you travel to the united states". I applied on XX-XX-XXXX. Case ID: XXXXXX.

gatorengineer

Star Member
May 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-16
Doc's Request.
11-08-16
AOR Received.
27-06-16
IELTS Request
CELPIP Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
15-07-16
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2016
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
avanipatil said:
Thanks a lot!

My only concern if i leave it open ended by only mentioning section 214(b) it might make reviewer suspicious that what is this section about.

How about putting another line

I was refused US B2 Tourism visa under section 214(b) of US immigration act according to which "You have not demonstrated that you have the ties that will compel you to return to your home country after you travel to the united states". I applied on XX-XX-XXXX. Case ID: XXXXXX.
I am sure CIC is familiar with frequent denials from US, 214(b) is the most common rejection reason for US Non-Immigrant Visas.
Plus you are already mentioning its 214(g) of US immigration act. That narrows it down to this

"(b) Every alien (other than a nonimmigrant described in subparagraph (L) or (V) of section 101(a)(15), and other than a nonimmigrant described in any provision of section 101(a)(15)(H)(i) except subclause (b1) of such section) shall be presumed to be an immigrant until he establishes to the satisfaction of the consular officer, at the time of application for a visa, and the immigration officers, at the time of application for admission, that he is entitled to a nonimmigrant status under section 101(a)(15). An alien who is an officer or employee of any foreign government or of any international organization entitled to enjoy privileges, exemptions, and immunities under the International Organizations Immunities Act, or an alien who is the attendant, servant, employee, or member of the immediate family of any such alien shall not be entitled to apply for or receive an immigrant visa, or to enter the United States as an immigrant unless he executes a written waiver in the same form and substance as is prescribed by section 247(b)."

Maybe seniors have a different view to this but I think you are fine with just mentioning 214(b).

SOTAJ

Mar 29, 2013
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-Oct-2014
Nomination.....
15-Jan-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
10-Jul-2015
Med's Done....
24-Jul-2015
Interview........
N/A By His grace
Passport Req..
25-Feb-2016
VISA ISSUED...
18-Mar-2016
LANDED..........
02-May-2016
avanipatil said:
Hello Guys,

Please provide your suggestion...

Am little worried about the wordings what should i put in the reasoning of my US B2 tourism visa denial.

What if i only put "I was refused US B2 Tourism visa under section 214(b) of US immigration act which I applied on XX-XX-XXXX. Case ID: XXXXXX"

OR should i mention more details?

i was give a pink sleep at the time of interview FOllowing is the extract from it. Can somone please help me to get exact words to put in. will really appreciate any kind of help:

This is to inform you that you have been found ineligible for a nonimmigrant visa under Section 214(b) of the US immigration and Nationality act. A denial under this section means that you were not able to demonstart that your intended activities in the united states would be consistent with the classified of the nonimmigrant visa for which you applied.

While nonimmigran visa classifications each have their own unique requirements, one requirement shared by many of the nonimmignrat vusa categories is for the applicant to demonstrat that he/se has a residence in a foreign country which he/she has no intention of abondoning. Applicants usually meet this requirement by demonstrating that they have strong ties overseas that indicate that they will return to a foreign country after tempropry visit to the united states. Such tied include professional, work, family or social links to a foriegn country. You have not demonsrated that you have the ties that will compel you to return to your home country after your travel to the united states.

Please help!
Hello,

Just state that you were refused a US visa with the date and the visa category you applied for.

You don't really need to go into the details if you don't know why you were refused and you were only given the generic sheet they usually give. Except if the refusal was because of more serious reasons.

The CIC guys are sure very familiar with the US Visa application process.

I also had US Visa refusal and I declared it.

I am now in Canada. Didn't affect my application.

So, it is better to declare it

avanipatil

Dec 11, 2016
gatorengineer said:
I am sure CIC is familiar with frequent denials from US, 214(b) is the most common rejection reason for US Non-Immigrant Visas.
Plus you are already mentioning its 214(g) of US immigration act. That narrows it down to this

"(b) Every alien (other than a nonimmigrant described in subparagraph (L) or (V) of section 101(a)(15), and other than a nonimmigrant described in any provision of section 101(a)(15)(H)(i) except subclause (b1) of such section) shall be presumed to be an immigrant until he establishes to the satisfaction of the consular officer, at the time of application for a visa, and the immigration officers, at the time of application for admission, that he is entitled to a nonimmigrant status under section 101(a)(15). An alien who is an officer or employee of any foreign government or of any international organization entitled to enjoy privileges, exemptions, and immunities under the International Organizations Immunities Act, or an alien who is the attendant, servant, employee, or member of the immediate family of any such alien shall not be entitled to apply for or receive an immigrant visa, or to enter the United States as an immigrant unless he executes a written waiver in the same form and substance as is prescribed by section 247(b)."

Maybe seniors have a different view to this but I think you are fine with just mentioning 214(b).

Thanks a lot for you help!

sonali.kaushal

Star Member
Feb 15, 2018
USA
AOR Received.
30-03-2018
Hello,

Just state that you were refused a US visa with the date and the visa category you applied for.

You don't really need to go into the details if you don't know why you were refused and you were only given the generic sheet they usually give. Except if the refusal was because of more serious reasons.

The CIC guys are sure very familiar with the US Visa application process.

I also had US Visa refusal and I declared it.

I am now in Canada. Didn't affect my application.

So, it is better to declare it
Hi,

I have been denied the H1B visa for the RFE of Speciality occupation this year. So for H1B also would you suggest not specifying the exact reason?

gaurav171

Jun 18, 2018
I also have same situation .my US Bysines B1 visa got rejected under 214b section.now I am applying for canada work visa.
What details should I mention about my previous refusal?
Should I just say "US B1 rejected on oat under section 214b?
Please suggest