+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Profile Personal details section - biometrics question

PR_Profile_01

Mar 16, 2020
Hi there,

1. My spouse received ITA through Express Entry - FSW category. I live outside Canada and I'm a Canadian Permanent Resident. I hold a PR card too.
2. She had completed filling all the details and was about to upload the documents.
3. But in the personal details section for her and me, we got a new question asking: "In the past 10 years, have you given your fingerprints and photo (biometrics) for an application to come to Canada?"
4. At the time of my PR profile processing, I had not given bio-metrics. What option should I select?

Thank you in advance.

PR_Profile_01

Mar 16, 2020
Thanks for your response @thevisawhisperer. Will fill it as "No". Will be explaining this in LOE she is attaching.

I got my Canada PR through EE - FSW before my marriage. Now we live outside Canada. My wife was eligible for EE and got an ITA. In her PR profile, along with her personal details, they are asking my details too (I'm a non-accompanying spouse as per her PR application). And there was this question about Biometrics in both of our sections in the PR profile and hence the question.

thevisawhisperer

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2020
West Coast
Just to clarify. As a PR of Canada, you are NOT a non accompanying spouse. Citizens and PRs have no place on even a spouse's immigration application as all of the references to family members, whether accompanying or not . . . etc., pertains ONLY to foreign nationals. You may need to re-examine your profile etc.

PR_Profile_01

Mar 16, 2020
Yes. I understand that. I had researched the same on this forum. One instance of a couple who were in same boat as mine got PR: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/i-am-a-pr-and-my-spouse-is-applying-for-ee.655496/.

The moment my wife gave the marital status as Married (in her EE profile), it gave 2 sections (one for me and one for her) and asked my name and will I be accompanying or not and other details in the PR profile/eAPR. It's exactly as described in above the link I pasted. I'm giving my UCI number, PCC, passport information. We have thoroughly documented all the details in our LOE as we aren't hiding any info.

PR_Profile_01

Mar 16, 2020
Yes. They ask that question and still has the accompanying/un-accompanying question, and other details like PCC, passport. etc. And just to be on safer side, we are explaining in detail in her LOE too.