+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR processing when there is a pending criminal/civil case pending in India

INdian123

Dec 19, 2015
If there is pending matrimonial case in indian court related to dowry or domestic violence and if the case has been categorized as a civil court case, is there a possibility that CIC process my application and I get my PR ?

They will come to know that I have a case because of my PCC ( police clearance certificate )

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
If you are convicted you may well be deemed criminally inadmissible to Canada.

I am not sure about Indian Criminal Law - but my course of action would be to wait till the case is over, consult with immigration adviser - if your offence applies/equivalent of to Canada and makes inadmissible.

Venky19

Mar 6, 2015
I am in the same boat. unfortunately the average time of concluding such cases is 5-7 years.
And per Hon' Supreme court of India's statistics, the conviction rate is less than 2%, which clearly shows that 98% husbands are victimized.
And who want to stop their life progression because of such false cases ?
I am looking for a path forward too in such circumstances. Any experience sharing could be helpful.

thanks,

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I don't believe Canada is an option for you until the case is concluded.

MJ Mumbai

Star Member
Feb 25, 2020
Hello everyone,
I am in a confusing situation. I have AOR for 2nd Oct. Then i came to know that there is a FIR filed against me for an accident happened 2 month back. i.e before AOR.
Now a case will be submitted in court and proceedings may happen.
Meanwhile am i liable to inform IRCC about this? and how if yes?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello everyone,
I am in a confusing situation. I have AOR for 2nd Oct. Then i came to know that there is a FIR filed against me for an accident happened 2 month back. i.e before AOR.
Is this a criminal charge? If so, yes you should send in a webform updating your situation.

ihjklm

Mar 8, 2021
If there is pending matrimonial case in indian court related to dowry or domestic violence and if the case has been categorized as a civil court case, is there a possibility that CIC process my application and I get my PR ?

They will come to know that I have a case because of my PCC ( police clearance certificate )

Hey. Can you please let us know how you proceeded please?

rocky2610

Apr 14, 2024
Hello everyone,
Any luck?