+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR processing time for PNP applicaiton

Jun 30, 2020
Hello all,
I checked the processing time for PNP application in the Canada IRCC website and it says 16 months. Does it mean that it takes 16 months after we submit the application to IRCC to get the PR??? That seems quite a long time.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello all,
I checked the processing time for PNP application in the Canada IRCC website and it says 16 months. Does it mean that it takes 16 months after we submit the application to IRCC to get the PR??? That seems quite a long time.
Yes it is long because there is a backlog of 100,000s of applications. Congrats on your nomination.

Jun 30, 2020
Ahaan. But in the AOR it says that express entry applications are given decision within 6 months. Isn't that a bit misleading then?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Ahaan. But in the AOR it says that express entry applications are given decision within 6 months. Isn't that a bit misleading then?
PNPs are not the same as Express Entry…different programs with different criteria. EE is directly through IRCC. When did you get nominated and when did you apply for PR? Have you got AOR?

Jun 30, 2020
I got my OINP provincial nomination through express entry. I got nominated 3 months back and I received my AOR on 15th August 2022.

Joy G

Aug 15, 2022
Hello all,
Hi the 16 months includes the time for biometrics if you need one, and I believe with the medical check as well. For the online application for this PNC stream, do you know if we need to acquire certified copies for all important document such as birth certificate etc.