+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR processing delays

mcberk

Feb 5, 2018
Hello,
I applied for PR last year following an express entry application.
I submitted all my documents in February 05, 2017. It's been 1 full year and they are still telling me that they are doing my background check. I was born in Turkey. Some of my Turkish friends are having similar delays.
Is it common for Turkish applicants?
Thank you

Reactions: Di@

mcberk

Feb 5, 2018
I call and email them on a weekly basis. They keep saying that my background check is till ongoing.

gihank

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
sorry to hear that.. maybe the background check is intense/tightened with the country it seems..not sure

romrumrira

Champion Member
Jan 9, 2016
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Hello,
I submitted all my documents in February 05, 2017. It's been 1 full year and they are still telling me that they are doing my background check. I was born in Turkey. Some of my Turkish friends are having similar delays.
Thank you
Did you order gcms note? it's good to check.

muradmurad

Mar 22, 2018
Did you order gcms note? it's good to check.
how would a gcms note help expedite an unjustified delay? if anything, it might hinder your application. it's so frustrating how they process applications easier for people from certain backgrounds and others take them 8 months and above. it just defeats the whole purpose of the points system and how there's an equal level playing field when it comes to accumulating points to be considered. its almost like they treat everybody equally to be considered and in the consideration process they prefer some nationalities over others. its pathetic and almost sufficient grounds for a lawsuit if you ask me.

its currently been 8 months for so far for me (while on a 1 year BOWP). when i call them i get the same response as the dude above gets. when i send them emails, they dont even bother responding.

lateentrant

Star Member
Jan 19, 2017
United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
UAE
NOC Code......
how would a gcms note help expedite an unjustified delay? if anything, it might hinder your application. it's so frustrating how they process applications easier for people from certain backgrounds and others take them 8 months and above. it just defeats the whole purpose of the points system and how there's an equal level playing field when it comes to accumulating points to be considered. its almost like they treat everybody equally to be considered and in the consideration process they prefer some nationalities over others. its pathetic and almost sufficient grounds for a lawsuit if you ask me.

its currently been 8 months for so far for me (while on a 1 year BOWP). when i call them i get the same response as the dude above gets. when i send them emails, they dont even bother responding.
It won't expedite your application but you will see the notes they have created. This will give you an idea on why your application is delayed.

romrumrira

Champion Member
Jan 9, 2016
Toronto
Category........
CEC

GCMS is one of a pro-active method to check your application in order to prevent anything that could have been affected your application badly. You are inside Canada, it's even easier to grab one, and cost you just a cup of coffee.
There are also myth and rumor that if you order GCMS note, it can help your file moving. Well, it's not hurt to try after all.

Reactions: iamxty

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
GCMS is one of a pro-active method to check your application in order to prevent anything that could have been affected your application badly. You are inside Canada, it's even easier to grab one, and cost you just a cup of coffee.
There are also myth and rumor that if you order GCMS note, it can help your file moving. Well, it's not hurt to try after all.
I also believe ordering GCMS will keep your file updated since someone will have to look at it when you order. The processing time of my application was still within the normal even though I added my spouse halfway. I ordered GCMS twice, coupled with few emails to my local VO. :)

Reactions: romrumrira

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
Do you have to be living in Canada to order GCMS?
No. I have ordered 3 times from getgcms.com, waiting for the third notes though.

I received my first 2 notes in 29-31 days.

Tcherno

May 1, 2018
Hello,
Thank you
I have been experiencing the same delay more than 6 month since I submitted my application up to now nothing. Have you get now the ready for visa??

aliagha

Nov 16, 2017
I

I do agree with you. Some certain nationalities get PPR within a month or two, and mostly within 6 months (and I am definitely happy for them and wish them best of luck in their new life in Canada), but some few nationalities (including us Iranians) are stuck in this exhausting security screening for over a year (in some cases even about 2 years!). This is an absolute discrimination. What are we punished for? Our government? Pathetic