+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR process Help

Sep 18, 2014
Me and my girlfriend are planning to apply for PR but we are a little confused as to should we apply individually or should we apply as a couple. We have consulted a lot of people in our circle and all of them have suggested us to get married and apply as a couple, can anyone guide us on this please, also if we apply as a couple then how old does the marriage needs to be for it to be valid for cou

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Me and my girlfriend are planning to apply for PR but we are a little confused as to should we apply individually or should we apply as a couple. We have consulted a lot of people in our circle and all of them have suggested us to get married and apply as a couple, can anyone guide us on this please, also if we apply as a couple then how old does the marriage needs to be for it to be valid for cou
Are you common-law?

It comes down to what your scores are either apart or together.

There is no minimum time that you have to be married.

Sep 18, 2014
"Are you common-law?"

What does this mean?

How do we go about with the process step by step as we are planning to do it on our own as hiring an agent is a little expensive?

Can we apply for a loan for the amount that needs to be shown in our accounts/account?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
"Are you common-law?"

What does this mean?

How do we go about with the process step by step as we are planning to do it on our own as hiring an agent is a little expensive?

Can we apply for a loan for the amount that needs to be shown in our accounts/account?
Common-law = one continuous year of living together.

You need to do the research and read the guides. If you need step-by-step help, you will need to hire someone.

No, you can't borrow the money. That defeats the whole purpose of being able to afford to immigrate.

Sep 18, 2014
We have been living together for more than a year but we are yet to get married.

then what is the best way to arrange for the funds?

can our parents take a loan and give the money to us as a gift, cause one of friend's parents did so but they had the money so they did not have to take a loan

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
We have been living together for more than a year but we are yet to get married.

then what is the best way to arrange for the funds?

can our parents take a loan and give the money to us as a gift, cause one of friend's parents did so but they had the money so they did not have to take a loan
You are common-law. If you apply separately, you are still required to be included in each other's apps.

If it is a genuine gift, then yes. However, if you have to pay it back, don't do it. Besides being immigration fraud, you would just be setting yourself up for failure by coming to Canada without funds.