+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR - Principal Applicant in Canada but spouse and Kid outside

vejeykarthick

Jun 1, 2015
Hello,

I have a provincial nominee certificate just for me. (principal applicant)
I would like to apply for PR for myself, wife and kid in one application. However my wife and kid currently don't live in Canada with me and they don't have a valid visa to enter Canada. (But I have mentioned all their details in all my applications before like Study permit, Work Permit and PNP etc - but they didn't accompany me)

Now, is it okay to add them in my PR saying that they are ready to accompany me? Please help me figure this out. Thanks!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
vejeykarthick said:
I have a provincial nominee certificate just for me. (principal applicant)
I would like to apply for PR for myself, wife and kid in one application. However my wife and kid currently don't live in Canada with me and they don't have a valid visa to enter Canada. (But I have mentioned all their details in all my applications before like Study permit, Work Permit and PNP etc - but they didn't accompany me)

Now, is it okay to add them in my PR saying that they are ready to accompany me? Please help me figure this out. Thanks!
Hi

You are required to include your family in your PR application. They will be granted PR along with you.

Nadine1

Mar 17, 2017
Once they are on your PNP you can go ahead and apply for your PR with your wife and kid on it. They are your dependants.