+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Portal "Photos missing"

ausphil

Jan 4, 2018
My wife's application had the exact same message. Application was returned saying "Photos are missing" despite the photos being clearly there when viewing the application. Same declaration being incomplete, but in fact it was completed (else how did we submit it in the first place?). Seems like another glitch. The online portal is such a lousy system.

I used the web form to submit a screenshot of the photos being clearly there in the application, and also attached the photos to it just in case. And we get a response back that makes absolutely zero sense given we've only submitted an online application:

"If your application was sent to the Case Processing Centre - Permanent Resident Card, in Sydney, Nova Scotia, and we have no record of your application, we invite you to:

• Mail a photocopy of the original application (or a new application) to the address in the Instruction Guide, including:
    • the copy of your receipt,
    • new photos,
    • all necessary supporting documents, and
    • an explanation letter with the initial mailing date.
We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry."

Has anyone actually gotten any useful help from an agent through the web form?
Update on this. After resubmitting my wife's application, and using the webform to send a screenshot of the photos in the application as well as the original photos. One month later, got another Returned application with "Photos missing" again. This time when viewing the application the photo says "Reasons for returned: The photographs are poor quality (out of focus, shadows, facial features not clearly defined, or poor lighting". Photos were taken at the same place and time that mine were taken...(which were accepted). Will be taking new photos and resubmitting.

It is getting a bit close to when we need to travel post card-expiry (about 80 days) so getting pretty stressed...has anyone submitted both a paper and online application (pay 2 x fees) to give best chance of timely renewal?

aanchalsingh

Jul 17, 2017
Update on this. After resubmitting my wife's application, and using the webform to send a screenshot of the photos in the application as well as the original photos. One month later, got another Returned application with "Photos missing" again. This time when viewing the application the photo says "Reasons for returned: The photographs are poor quality (out of focus, shadows, facial features not clearly defined, or poor lighting". Photos were taken at the same place and time that mine were taken...(which were accepted). Will be taking new photos and resubmitting.

It is getting a bit close to when we need to travel post card-expiry (about 80 days) so getting pretty stressed...has anyone submitted both a paper and online application (pay 2 x fees) to give best chance of timely renewal?
Hi Did you get your PR card yet ? My application was submitted on Jan 17th 2023 and it was returned back again on Feb 21st 2023 saying the photos are missing.

kanwar144

Star Member
Mar 16, 2015
Hi Did you get your PR card yet ? My application was submitted on Jan 17th 2023 and it was returned back again on Feb 21st 2023 saying the photos are missing.
HI , I wanted to know if you got your application approved for the new PR card and its timeline .?

hykim12

Jun 30, 2023
I got so surprised - I just got my new permanent resident card.

Timeline
- I applied for the renewal of PR card online portal on April 14th, 2023.
- On June 20th 2023, It said Return reason: Photos are missing, Incomplete application.
- I re-applied on June 26th, 2023 again with the same receipt and new digital photos.

On June 30th, new PR card got arrived to my house.

Now I am sure that it was system glitch. It got processed.

Reactions: Taran D

Ku17

Aug 23, 2023
I got so surprised - I just got my new permanent resident card.

Timeline
- I applied for the renewal of PR card online portal on April 14th, 2023.
- On June 20th 2023, It said Return reason: Photos are missing, Incomplete application.
- I re-applied on June 26th, 2023 again with the same receipt and new digital photos.

On June 30th, new PR card got arrived to my house.

Now I am sure that it was system glitch. It got processed.
I have received an email stating my photo does not meet specifications. However, the online portal shows application as submitted with return reason as blank and no option to change existing application. So shall I create a new application and resubmit?

YoungKid

Nov 28, 2016
Have you received your PR card? If so, how long did it take?
The portal still says photos are missing, but I received my PR in the mail today.
Timeline:
Submitted on: Oct 23 2023
Received in the mail: Nov 20 2023
Based on the expiry date, I will say it was approved/reviewed on Nov 6, 2023.

For as long as you are sure you submitted the correct photos as per specification, I won't worry about that "Photos are missing," message.