+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR - Port of entry question

nash4929

Dec 11, 2017
Greetings,
I have an approved PR and need to travel to Canada before end of the month. I live in the United States. I don't intend on permanently moving there at least for now but do want to get my PR by end of the month by travelling to Canada. Wondering if there are any questions/interview I should expect when I approach the Canadian Border. It would be helpful to me if some one has details on what I should expect when I reach the Canadian Port of entry. Thank you in advance!

ContactFront

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2017
They'll only ask you a few very simple questions, things like has there been any change in marital status, have you ever been convicted of a crime, etc. Nothing to worry about.
If you plan to import anything from US later, you need to prep a list and hand it over to them.
You need to provide a Canadian address to receive your PR card. If you don't have one right now, you need to supply one within 180 days.

nash4929

Dec 11, 2017
They'll only ask you a few very simple questions, things like has there been any change in marital status, have you ever been convicted of a crime, etc. Nothing to worry about.
If you plan to import anything from US later, you need to prep a list and hand it over to them.
You need to provide a Canadian address to receive your PR card. If you don't have one right now, you need to supply one within 180 days.
Thank you, very much!