+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR points after studying Masters of computer science from Concordia university

Anuragguli

Jan 11, 2013
Hi all,
I am pursuing Masters in CS, in Concordia university(Montreal, Quebec), Please let me know how many points will I score for PR(Canada PR) if I have the below scores:

IELTS- R-6.5 L-7.5 S-6.5 W-6.5. DELF- L-16 P-16 W-16 S-16, Masters-2 years, Work experience in Canada- 1 year, Age-23-26, and if I am still in Job while I am applying for PR with work permit status.

Plz let me know the points I earn if I have the above standards...

tiger007

Champion Member
Anuragguli said:
Hi all,
I am pursuing Masters in CS, in Concordia university(Montreal, Quebec), Please let me know how many points will I score for PR(Canada PR) if I have the below scores:

IELTS- R-6.5 L-7.5 S-6.5 W-6.5. DELF- L-16 P-16 W-16 S-16, Masters-2 years, Work experience in Canada- 1 year, Age-23-26, and if I am still in Job while I am applying for PR with work permit status.

Hi,
DLEF which level ? A1,A2,B1,B2 or higher?
And the work experience in Canada, as a Computer/Software engineer in CS field in a skilled job? Did you work under PGWP or some other visa category?
You must be holding a 4 years Bachelor's in CS? IF yes, form which university and country?

You should provide full information for definitive answer.

Anuragguli

Jan 11, 2013
Thanks for fast response, Yes I have completed my B.Tech(CSE) from Hyderabad, A.P, India. Masters from Concordia university.
DELF- A1 & A2 done. In A2 I scored L-16 P-16 W-16 S-16. Total- 64/100. Yes working under PGWP.

Let me know the points I have gained for Canada PR.

tiger007

Champion Member
Anuragguli said:
Thanks for fast response, Yes I have completed my B.Tech(CSE) from Hyderabad, A.P, India. Masters from Concordia university.
DELF- A1 & A2 done. In A2 I scored L-16 P-16 W-16 S-16. Total- 64/100. Yes working under PGWP.

Let me know the points I have gained for Canada PR.

Hi,

Just pass DELF B1 (intermediate level) with min. 16/25 in Listening and Speaking while passing the overall DELF B1 with min. 50/100. You have already cleared A2,,and clearing B1 shouldn't take long. As those with Master degree form Quebec recognized universities, having minimum intermediate level knowledge of French, i.e DELF B1 level..get DIRECT CSQ (Quebec selection certificate) and then PR..under PEQ – Québec graduate/ student stream. You could have gotten your CSQ..right after completing Master degree, if you had B1 level French knowledge. Also since, you already have a done job for 1 year in Quebec, you are also eligible to apply under PEQ – Temporary worker, again provided you have intermediate knowledge of French ie. B1 level.
These 2 streams PEQ - ARE NOT POINTS BASED, very fast processing time for getting CSQ i.e within 20 days.. and the best and fastest and easiest way to get CSQ and then PR. So my strong advice..just clear B1 DELF..and apply under either PEQ -Québec graduate/ student stream or PEQ – Temporary worker.

Since you are already having A2 level proficiency... it will be downright a bad and foolish decision if you choose to apply under general lengthy points based (for those who are not holding intermediate French proficiency.. it takes so long..) immigration routes - Regular program – Foreign student in Québec OR Regular program – Temporary worker . Both have same points criteria, and need minimum 49 points to apply and overall 55 points to pass(with or without adaptability points) and takes long time, often upto 1 year to get CSQ in comparison to just 20 days under PEQ streams, not to mention it usually takes 6-12 months to get Federal PR after getting CSQ. So.. prepare for DELF B1..and apply directly for CSQ under PEQ - Quebec graduate or PEQ- Temporary worker routes. Traditionally it is said that 1 needs 150 hours of training to get to B1 level if one holds A2 level proficiency. But out there..there are much faster ways..with 1-1 private tuition..that can prepare you for DELF B1 in much faster time either in Montreal or online. One of them is the online website-http://www.frenchfaster.com/frenchfastercanada.htm which provides 1-1 online private tuition via Skype..and they have much much faster method to teach French as they claim they can prepare a complete beginner of French to DELF B1 level in just 80 hours!! Imagine..how fast they can prepare you for DELF B1 level!

Official Links:
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/students/stay-quebec/application-csq/index.html

PEQ -Québec graduate - http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/students/stay-quebec/application-csq/students-peq/index.html
PEQ – Temporary worker- http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/students/stay-quebec/application-csq/students-peq/peq.html

And, if you still want to apply under Regular point based programme... then your points are:

Education - master degree- 12 points
Area of Training - B..E-CS(foriegn degree) - 6 points
Validated job offer in Montreal - 6 points (provided this job offer is full time and of minimum NOC C(semi-skilled) level..)
Work experience- 1 year - 4 points
Age - 16 points (below 35)
Language proficiency - French: for A2 level - 6 point s(3+3 in list. and speaking); English- Full 6 points(as per our IELTS score) = total 12 points
Study and stay in Quebec - 5 points (for staying and studying min. 2 sem in Quebec)
Financial self sufficiency - 1 point

Your Total - 62 points, direct CSQ, no interview.. but again under regular point based..it will take upto 1 year (Foreign student in Quebec, where students apply after completion of half of their studies..you should have applied back then...) or even longer if applying under Regular worker's programme.
Either way... your PR is guaranteed.

Best of Luck.

***All opinions expressed are purely personal, and pieces of information mentioned are to the best of my knowledge... You should consult other sources too.

Anuragguli

Jan 11, 2013
Thanks for your time Bro and also for being very clear.
Do you have any link that has all the description of PR points for canada(The link should also have the points for French as second language)?

tiger007

Champion Member
Anuragguli said:
Thanks for your time Bro and also for being very clear.
Do you have any link that has all the description of PR points for canada(The link should also have the points for French as second language)?
Hi,

While official Quebec immigration website has no defined and structures points.. but the original immigration website, which hosts this entire forum... http://www.canadavisa.com has structured points classification for Quebec PR..
here'd the link:
http://www.canadavisa.com/quebec-skilled-worker-immigration.html

Anuragguli

Jan 11, 2013
You have been guiding me for Quebec PR, but Quebec PR is different from Canada PR right?
According to your points allotted, I would be scoring 62 points(considering DELF till A2). But according to the website in the below link, the minimum points required is: 67 points.
link:

Anuragguli

Jan 11, 2013
I am unable to post the link,
but the link is for citizenship and immigration for Canada,
Selection Factor Points
1. Education Maximum 25 points
2. Proficiency in English and/or French Maximum 24 points
3. Experience Maximum 21 points
4. Age Maximum 10 points
5. Arranged employment in Canada Maximum 10 points
6. Adaptability Maximum 10 points

Total Maximum 100 points
Pass mark 67 points.

Please go through the above details and let me know the points I would score.

tiger007

Champion Member
Anuragguli said:
I am unable to post the link,
but the link is for citizenship and immigration for Canada,
Selection Factor Points
1. Education Maximum 25 points
2. Proficiency in English and/or French Maximum 24 points
3. Experience Maximum 21 points
4. Age Maximum 10 points
5. Arranged employment in Canada Maximum 10 points
6. Adaptability Maximum 10 points

Total Maximum 100 points
Pass mark 67 points.

Please go through the above details and let me know the points I would score.

Hi,

If you see: http://www.canadavisa.com/quebec-skilled-worker-immigration.html

It's CLEARLY WRITTEN THAT: A single applicant must score at least 49 points based on the criteria below. (minimum one needs 49 points to apply/application to be considered)
Up to an additional 6 points may be awarded upon the interview for Adaptability. With these points awarded, a single applicant must score a minimum of 55 points.
(If it's below 55 points but above 49 points, he/she will be called for interview, and on that further maximum upto 6 points may be given for adaptability where candidates MUST score to 55 points.)

So pass marks is not 67, but rather 55 points..for you to sure shot pass & get Quebec CSQ.

I already told you in my 2nd post, that you are scoring 62 points, so need not worry.

Now, there is no such thing called Canadian PR or Quebec PR. PR is same in all provinces, all categories..no matter how you achieve it...PR will be given by the Federal Govt. on the basis of your Quebec CSQ/selection certificate or other province PNP nominations or directly if you apply under Federal student immigration programme of CEC.

So, if you now apply for CSQ under regular points based system, then wait for upto 1 year to get CSQ. Processing times varies of course. Or if you apply for CSQ under PEQ(by learning intermediate French) then you will get CSQ in 20 days time.
Once, you get CSQ, then separately with all your selection certificate and all, you will have to apply for federal PR. That can take anywhere between 9-12 more months.

Hope it clears your doubts.

***All opinions expressed are purely personal, and pieces of information mentioned are to the best of my knowledge... You should consult other sources too.

Anuragguli

Jan 11, 2013
Yes it has, and tx for ur patience & time and especially sharing ur knowledge....
Tx for support bro :)
All the very best for ur upcoming challenges.

obi1987

Oct 26, 2012
Dear Anuragguli,

I am also Interested in University of Concordia.Could you please tell how much Money I have to take for First Year.What about the Part Time Job availability.

tanvirmustan

Dec 14, 2012
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
VFS-Dhaka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-3-13
Doc's Request.
3-3-13
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
6-3-13
Med's Request
21-3-13
Med's Done....
23-3-13
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
15-4-13
VISA ISSUED...
24-4-13
Anuragguli said:
Hi all,

Hi Bro , May I ask question regarding your experiences in concordia university ? I am going to pursue M.Engg in Indsutrial Engineering in Concordia . As u are senior let me help .. .. Thank You , If u say to ask , then I ll ask to you .

Anuragguli

Jan 11, 2013
The experience was very good indeed and I am hoping that you'll also have the same.
I am sorry, I do not have information about the other courses, but from my experience they are all good and you need to work hard from your end too.
I would recommend you to bring amount, that should cover 3-4 months of expenses at least. Like bringing 1-2 lacs.
Try to bring more than 1.5, that should be great.

Anuragguli

Jan 11, 2013
Part time jobs depends on the individual and also on luck.
Try to prepare contacts with your direct seniors to have better information.

usman.shahid

Mar 25, 2010
Anuragguli said:
Part time jobs depends on the individual and also on luck.
Try to prepare contacts with your direct seniors to have better information.
Anuragguli, what about tution fees? Can we arrange for tution fees as well for next year/semesters by working part-time if student only paid first semester/year fees at the time of admission? Or only living expenses can be covered working part time? please share your experience and observations. thanks