+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Photo - US

rajanshah176

Nov 30, 2017
Hi All, I got the ppr email yesterday and it mentions to send 2 photographs in below specefic measurements -
"50 mm x 70 mm (2 inches wide x 2 3/4 inches long) and sized so the height of the face measures between 31 mm and 36 mm (1 1/4 inches and 1 7/16 inches) from chin to crown of head (natural top of head)"

I tried walmart, CVS, Costco, Riteaid, walgreens, targer, UPS, Fedex.. they all said they only do 2x2 photos. Can anyone please suggest where should I go? I'm in New Jersey

NM2097

Aug 30, 2017
Hi All, I got the ppr email yesterday and it mentions to send 2 photographs in below specefic measurements -
"50 mm x 70 mm (2 inches wide x 2 3/4 inches long) and sized so the height of the face measures between 31 mm and 36 mm (1 1/4 inches and 1 7/16 inches) from chin to crown of head (natural top of head)"

I tried walmart, CVS, Costco, Riteaid, walgreens, targer, UPS, Fedex.. they all said they only do 2x2 photos. Can anyone please suggest where should I go? I'm in New Jersey
I would suggest you to go to a professional photography studio. It will cost you more, but you will have lesser chance of receiving a photo rejection when your PR card is in process after landing.

Reactions: doge

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
You can try some specialty studio in your area, but it is not guaranteed to be accepted. Walgreens does to Canadian specs for cheap. I got the photo from Walgreens just for the sake of PPR and later after I do the landing I will get a photo done in Canada (which will also be very cheap and much more likely to be accepted). From what I have seen photo rejection rate is very high, so there is no point spending too much on it right now.

Reactions: moose17

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Go for Walgreens. They will print photos in a sheet and provide it to you and you could cut them by yourself. When you cut, don't rely on the borders they provided, instead measure the length and width using rule and cut it out. I did the same for myself and my family and didn't have any phtoto rejections.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
You can try some specialty studio in your area, but it is not guaranteed to be accepted. Walgreens does to Canadian specs for cheap. I got the photo from Walgreens just for the sake of PPR and later after I do the landing I will get a photo done in Canada (which will also be very cheap and much more likely to be accepted). From what I have seen photo rejection rate is very high, so there is no point spending too much on it right now.
One theory for rejection is that if the time difference between the time they receive the photo through PPR to landing (or printing PR card, not sure which one) is greater than 6 months, then they automatically issue a photo request, irrespective of specs. I know all kind of cases getting rejected.. the ones from Canada, the ones from professional photographer etc. Also I know for sure that my photos weren't of great perfection as we had cut them at home.. the way the photos looked, I am pretty sure they missed some precision. But I did not get photo request. Both my landing as well as PR card printing were less than 6 months.

Cubicrootofthee

Star Member
Jan 10, 2018
USA
NOC Code......
VISA ISSUED...
13-08-2018
Just got it done at Walgreens. Costco no longer does Canada - would have been much cheaper. Walgreens (and I assume most others) wouldn't cut the photos though. They let me do it there on my own though.

american_dream

Star Member
Dec 27, 2017
USA
AOR Received.
02-06-2018
Passport Req..
24-07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2018
LANDED..........
20-08-2018
I took mine in Walgreens yesterday. I gave them the photo specs, and they were kind enough to read through the specs, get the right measurements and cut the photos as well.

sachin80

Star Member
Feb 27, 2018
Hi All,

I got the PPR email and now need to send the passport and photographs. I am currently in US. Any recommendations from where I can get
the photos with the specifications that have been mentioned?

Cubicrootofthee

Star Member
Jan 10, 2018
USA
NOC Code......
VISA ISSUED...
13-08-2018
Hi All,

I got the PPR email and now need to send the passport and photographs. I am currently in US. Any recommendations from where I can get
the photos with the specifications that have been mentioned?
I went to Walgreens and they made me cut the photos myself. My wife's photo was rejected at the time of issuing the cards. I later realized that the CVS Near me had the right size. So, I am still waiting for my wife's card to be processed. This is in North Georgia

spider18

Dec 5, 2018
I took mine in Walgreens yesterday. I gave them the photo specs, and they were kind enough to read through the specs, get the right measurements and cut the photos as well.
Did you end up writing necessary info on the back of the photograph yourself or did you get walgreens to attest it? Is it any different from you doing it yourself?

Cubicrootofthee

Star Member
Jan 10, 2018
USA
NOC Code......
VISA ISSUED...
13-08-2018
Just adding further personal experience here - 2 tries from Walgreens and CVS failed for my wife (they worked for me and my baby). So, we finally went to a studio nearby and it worked. They were also surprisingly cheaper than Walgreens/CVS. Just goes to show how perceptions/assumptions lead us to make suboptimal decisions. If you have a studio nearby, take the specs sheet to them and save yourself some postage and months of painful repeated checks with IRCC.

Cubicrootofthee

Star Member
Jan 10, 2018
USA
NOC Code......
VISA ISSUED...
13-08-2018
Did you end up writing necessary info on the back of the photograph yourself or did you get walgreens to attest it? Is it any different from you doing it yourself?
I had the studio write their info and I wrote the applicant info.

american_dream

Star Member
Dec 27, 2017
USA
AOR Received.
02-06-2018
Passport Req..
24-07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2018
LANDED..........
20-08-2018
I did it myself, didn't bother to ask them.
I wrote the store name, and address. And I didn't had any problems at all.

spider18

Dec 5, 2018
The specification says not to alter the picture in anyway. Did any of you send pictures without altering the background to make it look white (vs natural grey)?