+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Photo in USA

michibong

May 5, 2018
Hi All,
I have recieived ITA in Feb and submitted my application on Mar 29. I got 'Ready for Visa' email couple of days back asking to send passports, photo etc. I am in Detroit, Michigan and I want to know which is the best option to get the photos taken. I have called drug stores, Walmart, Costco etc. and none of them do this. Called a lot of local studios and again none of them do this. Can anyone please suggest what is the best option to do this. The spefication document says to get the photo taken by commercial photographer. Please help!

Regards
Varun

moose17

Jun 30, 2017
Walgreens can get it to the right size but their other photo settings may result in your photo not being accepted for your card (this wouldn't happen until after you land though). If you do a soft landing and depending on your timing of that and your final move, it will be worth considering getting photos done during that trip just in case so they're ready to send out if needed. The photos here are taken in front of a lit-up screen that I haven't seen before in the US and it must make the white background with no digital modification requirement work.

michibong

May 5, 2018
Walgreens can get it to the right size but their other photo settings may result in your photo not being accepted for your card (this wouldn't happen until after you land though). If you do a soft landing and depending on your timing of that and your final move, it will be worth considering getting photos done during that trip just in case so they're ready to send out if needed. The photos here are taken in front of a lit-up screen that I haven't seen before in the US and it must make the white background with no digital modification requirement work.
You mean getting another set of photos in Canada? I live in Detroit which is next to Windsor. I am planning to do a soft landing as soon as I get my passport back. I can get photos taken there too. Thanks for the idea. Any specific studio/photo center do you suggest?

moose17

Jun 30, 2017
You mean getting another set of photos in Canada? I live in Detroit which is next to Windsor. I am planning to do a soft landing as soon as I get my passport back. I can get photos taken there too. Thanks for the idea. Any specific studio/photo center do you suggest?
I used Shopper's Drug Mart but many places offer photo services, and I've heard Costco is the cheapest. Just make sure the background is the white board they light up. If it's easy for you to get over, I would make a nice day out of visiting Windsor or nearby with a stop for the photos as part of it. The other nice thing with photos from a Canadian place is they know exactly what to do in terms of stamping the back and everything. It was really nice not having to explain anything!