+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Pathway for ICT work permit holders

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Lingering Question @Naturgrl ,
1. You mentioned my CRS being too low for EE OINP. Is there EE CRS score cutoff to be eligible for OINP?
2. Also, why do you think the companies don't agree to fill the employer form? Don't they need to fill the same supporting documents for EE eligble OINP streams like CEC?
1. OINP- EE is only for specific NOCs so you have to look at the draw sheets and the NOCs selected. CRS scores are over 470.
2. Employers have to meet eligibility requirements and agree to fill out all the paperwork. There is a whole section on the OINP site for employers. It is not just about filling out a form but showing recruitment efforts, financials, number of employees etc. Some employers don’t want to share all that information. OINP is a PNP stream. CEC is a federal stream. Each have different requirements.

Reactions: sagarmallik

sagarmallik

Mar 9, 2023
It's kind of funny as the EE cutoff score is lower than OINP cutoff. Why would someone need OINP if one is eligible in EE?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It's kind of funny as the EE cutoff score is lower than OINP cutoff. Why would someone need OINP if one is eligible in EE?
OINP is lower than EE. Last EE cut off was 486,

sagarmallik

Mar 9, 2023
OINP March 20th draw is 479, so only the candidates in bucket 479 to 486 needed that 600 crs points? Seems a bit overkill.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
OINP March 20th draw is 479, so only the candidates in bucket 479 to 486 needed that 600 crs points? Seems a bit overkill.
There is a backlog of people applying from Covid so scores have been pushed up high. CRS scores needed to immigration to Ontario’s are typically higher than most other provinces. Most people are both younger and have a year’s employment in Canada so you are at a disadvantage from the start when it comes to your CRA score.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Sorry, I don't understand your question. It's not about who needs the 600 points. It's about the province selecting the best / most qualified candidates (those with the highest scores). Maybe I misunderstood your question.

sagarmallik

Mar 9, 2023
Sorry, I don't understand your question. It's not about who needs the 600 points. It's about the province selecting the best / most qualified candidates (those with the highest scores). Maybe I misunderstood your question.
Hi @scylla , what I meant was people who are 486 and above in EE didn't need to take the PNP route anyway. Oinp crs score cutoff being in near vicinity of ee cutoff , makes it unnecessary for most of the applicants.

sagarmallik

Mar 9, 2023
There is a backlog of people applying from Covid so scores have been pushed up high. CRS scores needed to immigration to Ontario’s are typically higher than most other provinces. Most people are both younger and have a year’s employment in Canada so you are at a disadvantage from the start when it comes to your CRA score.
Thanks for your input. What do you suggest as the best possible option for me? OR is there an option at all? I took a huge salalry cut in USA to take this route; I am now really worried that if there's any option for people like me (who are not really worthless :)) in Canada. Do you agree that the PR process is not really tuned for high skilled immigrant? I am 42 years old, will work for atleast 20 more years at more than the "high" wage.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi @scylla , what I meant was people who are 486 and above in EE didn't need to take the PNP route anyway. Oinp crs score cutoff being in near vicinity of ee cutoff , makes it unnecessary for most of the applicants.
You're looking at it from the wrong perspective. What applicants need is unfortunately completely irrelevant. It's about what the province needs / wants. The province wants applicants with the highest scores.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for your input. What do you suggest as the best possible option for me? OR is there an option at all? I took a huge salalry cut in USA to take this route; I am now really worried that if there's any option for people like me (who are not really worthless :)) in Canada. Do you agree that the PR process is not really tuned for high skilled immigrant? I am 42 years old, will work for atleast 20 more years at more than the "high" wage.
It is tuned for high skilled immigrants but young high skilled immigrants. Your age is the issue. You need to find ways to increase your score. Max out your English language test results, learn French, get an LMIA supported job offer, etc.

sagarmallik

Mar 9, 2023
You're looking at it from the wrong perspective. What applicants need is unfortunately completely irrelevant. It's about what the province needs / wants. The province wants applicants with the highest scores.
Thanks @scylla , beg to differ .It can be either age weighted or skill. You lose more points in 5 years of age than what you get in securing a high skill, high wage job offer, which is way tougher than just being younger. And do you think 42 years of age a big deal for a circuit designer/computer scientist?

sagarmallik

Mar 9, 2023
It is tuned for high skilled immigrants but young high skilled immigrants. Your age is the issue. You need to find ways to increase your score. Max out your English language test results, learn French, get an LMIA supported job offer, etc.
Thanks @scylla , beg to differ .It can be either age weighted or skill. You lose more points in 5 years of age than what you get in securing a high skill, high wage job offer, which is way tougher than just being younger. And do you think 42 years of age a big deal for a circuit designer/computer scientist?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You've just proven my point. Canada's programs are generally geared towards those who are both highly skilled (and educated), as well as young. This is who benefits most from the points structure and who is getting selected primarily. Those who are both young and highly skilled. This is who has the advantage. If you were 29 for example, that would give you another 75 points or so and probably guarantee an invite.

I'm not sure I understand your question about if I think your age is a big deal. It doesn't matter what I think. All that matters is how Canada's immigration programs are structured and what you need to do to try to get selected if PR is a priority for you.

Reactions: YVR123