+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR parents sponsoring 2 kids with TRP for one year.

abudhabian

Star Member
Sep 18, 2015
Hi all,

I arrived yesterday in Toronto after a very tiring flight from UAE, my daughter got sick and her asthma kicked in, we rushed from the airport tol Humber river emergency, Thank GOD her condition went back to normal, however we paid 800 CAD$ since my daughter dont have a OHIP.

I,my wife and a son are Perminant residents since 2013, now we want to settle for good here,my 2 baby daughters ( 1 and 2.5 years) were born outside Canada, in UAE, I got TRP upto one year ,that is how they entered Canada with us, now I want to sponsor them to get PR status like the rest of the family.

1- I am unemployed, would that negatively affect our daughters application for PR for not meeting the minimum income requirement.

2- what are the full package documents required for such sponsorship.

3- what are the required fees for 2 dependent child.

4- do I have to personally go to Case Processing Center Mississauga ,or just download and fill the documents then mail it to CPC.

5- in some documents I saw at CIC, the sponsored person should fill it, but in this case they are kids,I will fill it for them but how can I show the officer that it is filled by me, do I have to include an explanation letter along with it.

6- the immigration at the airport issued a colored TRP for the 2 kids,now along with the new sponsorship PR application for the girls, do I have to send the original TRP, get a certified Copy of it, or just any black and while copy will do.?

7- what are the supporting documents required for such cases please? do I have to add docuemnts like : Copies of Birth Certificate - marriage certificate -

8- I was unemployed since 2013,but my wife was working back in UAE, along with the documents, a last notice of assessment of the last taxation year is required, but since 2013 we didnt pay any tax, since i was unemployed and my wife was out of the country and both of us never applied for any benifts or assistance.......do I have to make an explanation letter why i cant provide such last notice of assessment.

9- will my wife's employment letter and bank statement in UAE will be good to present

thx all.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
1. there is no income requirement to sponsor your child, so no, being unemployed won't negatively affect the application.

2. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp
you will need to also find the country specific guide for your daughter's country of citizenship. read it very carefully, then if you have specific questions come back with them.

3. I think the fees for children are:
sponsor fee - $75
dependant child fee??? - i think this is $150? I am not sure what it's called. I do know you do not have to pay the right of permanent residency fee for children. if you provide a list of the fees you are confused about, we can help better. i don't think children applicants pay the principal applicant fee. someone who has experience with sponsoring children will be able to confirm this.

4. no you can not just drop the application off at the cic office. you will have to print out all forms and mail them to mississauga per the instructions in the guide

5. as the child is under 18, the forms specify that a guardian (the parent) can sign for them. you do not have to provide an explanation letter for this. again, read the guide carefully. this information should be in there.

6. i have no idea. i'd imagine you need to send copies. again, the country specific guide will tell you whether you need them to be certified or not. generally, they only need to be certified if they are not in english or french. I would not recommend sending the original TRP.

8. yes, i would recommend adding a letter of explanation. if neither of you were living in canada during this time, then you can provide the latest you have. if you were living in canada, and didn't file taxes, then you need to file them. just because you don't have to pay taxes doesn't mean you aren't required to file them. The specific form cic requests is to confirm no Canadian welfare was received or bankruptcy filed.

9. sure. it can be used as supplemental information. it's not going to hurt your application.

bottom line - click the link above and read your country specific guide very carefully...
good luck!

abudhabian

Star Member
Sep 18, 2015
CDNPR2014

Comprehensive and detailed answer indeed, thx a lot, I will read it carefully as I fill up the applications.

mohde4

Jul 4, 2012
abudhabian said:
Hi all,

I arrived yesterday in Toronto after a very tiring flight from UAE, my daughter got sick and her asthma kicked in, we rushed from the airport tol Humber river emergency, Thank GOD her condition went back to normal, however we paid 800 CAD$ since my daughter dont have a OHIP.

I,my wife and a son are Perminant residents since 2013, now we want to settle for good here,my 2 baby daughters ( 1 and 2.5 years) were born outside Canada, in UAE, I got TRP upto one year ,that is how they entered Canada with us, now I want to sponsor them to get PR status like the rest of the family.

1- I am unemployed, would that negatively affect our daughters application for PR for not meeting the minimum income requirement.

2- what are the full package documents required for such sponsorship.

3- what are the required fees for 2 dependent child.

4- do I have to personally go to Case Processing Center Mississauga ,or just download and fill the documents then mail it to CPC.

5- in some documents I saw at CIC, the sponsored person should fill it, but in this case they are kids,I will fill it for them but how can I show the officer that it is filled by me, do I have to include an explanation letter along with it.

6- the immigration at the airport issued a colored TRP for the 2 kids,now along with the new sponsorship PR application for the girls, do I have to send the original TRP, get a certified Copy of it, or just any black and while copy will do.?

7- what are the supporting documents required for such cases please? do I have to add docuemnts like : Copies of Birth Certificate - marriage certificate -

8- I was unemployed since 2013,but my wife was working back in UAE, along with the documents, a last notice of assessment of the last taxation year is required, but since 2013 we didnt pay any tax, since i was unemployed and my wife was out of the country and both of us never applied for any benifts or assistance.......do I have to make an explanation letter why i cant provide such last notice of assessment.

9- will my wife's employment letter and bank statement in UAE will be good to present

thx all.
Hello
Would you inform me about the documents and the process of applying for TRP. Thanx