canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi

I am planning to bring my furniture and household stuff via sea cargo. For which i will be submitting the "goods to follow" list to the customs at the airport.

As this is the first time i will be submitting the list, i understand it will be duty free. Please confirm.

As i am not meeting RO do you think it will be an issue with the customs?

Thanks
Yes, it will be an issue because it will bring to their attention the fact that you don't meet the RO. Ship everything later if you are able to get in without being reported and pay the taxes/duties.

Reactions: scylla

agohary

Oct 9, 2018
Hi,

I am a Canadian PR holder who landed with wife and daughter in March 2014. We stayed in Canada for 2 weeks and came back to Dubai due to our work commitment.

In mid 2016 we decided to move permanently to Canada, however because of a pregnancy complication the doctor advised my wife not to travel so we all stayed back.

I applied TRV for my son in feb 2017 which was refused after a long wait of 3 months. I consulted a lawyer who pursued our case and finally the TRV got issued this month i.e. April 2018.

I understand that we must spend 730 days in canada starting from our landing date to be eligible for a PR card renewal. Now when we return to canada, the validity of our PR card will just be about a year.

As the TRV is just issued this month, i understand the officials are already aware of my PR status and the situation i have been through.

I need to understand possible scenarios when we land in Canada as i will be leaving dubai for good:
Can the immigration officer refuse us entry based on the number of PR days?
If we are allowed entry, can i file sponsorship for my child right away as the TRV is just valid until sept 2018?
Can i renew my PR card once it expires in June 2019?

Looking forward for your expert advise.
Hi
I’m in same situation as yours and currently in UAE as well and I would really appreciate if you can give me more details about how you managed to get TRV for your daughter:
1. Did you use lawyer from Canada or lawyer from Dubai and did you apply in visa office in UAE or Canada ?
2. How much it cost on average and how long it took approximately to get the TRV.
3. Can you send me the Lawyer contacts who helped you to get the TRV for your daughter?

I would really appreciate if you can give me your feedback on the above. Thanks

khurmy

Apr 23, 2018
Hi Agohary,

I applied for TRV online which got refused. Later i hired a lawyer in dubai and they bulit a case for the invalid rejection and reapplied for a new TRV that got approved.

I wont recommend applying online. You may consider applying through VFS, if it gets rejected you can consider getting a lawyer.

Wish you good luck.

agohary

Oct 9, 2018
Hi Agohary,

I applied for TRV online which got refused. Later i hired a lawyer in dubai and they bulit a case for the invalid rejection and reapplied for a new TRV that got approved.

I wont recommend applying online. You may consider applying through VFS, if it gets rejected you can consider getting a lawyer.

Wish you good luck.
Hi Khurmy
Thanks a lot for your help.
Can you please send me the contacts of your lawyer in Dubai who managed to get you the TRV. It will be really appreciated.

agohary

Oct 9, 2018
Hi Khurmy
Thanks a lot for your help.
Can you please send me the contacts of your lawyer in Dubai who managed to get you the TRV. It will be really appreciated.
It will be great help bro if you can reply back and give me the name or contacts of the lawyer in Dubai. Also how long did it take from the application you made through the lawyer until you get the TRV and how much it costs on average. Thanks