+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Parents and big daughter, small daughter no PR

tommypau76

Mar 10, 2016
dear Forum Members,

I'm Thomas from Italy

me my wife and my bigger daughter are PR, while our smaller daughter (2 years) is not.

as requested by Rome Embassy we submitted TRP application: 3 months passed with no updates, tried to email them but got only automated reply; we're moving to Canada in June (I have a job starting end of June) and I'm starting to be a little worried the Visa for the little baby won't arrive in time

what are my best options to enter Canada with all family if the Visa doesn't arrive in time?

thanks everyone
Thomas

Tocanadawego

Apr 19, 2015
Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/10/2015
AOR Received.
06/10/2015
Med's Done....
12-12-2105
Passport Req..
17-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
Italian nationals do not need a visa to enter Canada, only an eTA. You can travel to Canada with your family, and once you’re there you will need to file for family sponsorship for your younger daughter to receive her PR. You cannot do that from outside Canada.
Why did the embassy ask you to file for TRP? Do you hold an Italian passport?

Reactions: tommypau76

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What's the point of posting the same question after almost a year ago?

tommypau76

Mar 10, 2016
Italian nationals do not need a visa to enter Canada, only an eTA. You can travel to Canada with your family, and once you’re there you will need to file for family sponsorship for your younger daughter to receive her PR. You cannot do that from outside Canada.
Why did the embassy ask you to file for TRP? Do you hold an Italian passport?
hi, thank you for your reply! yes we all have italian passport

but as me my wife and big daughter have PR Cards I guess at the airport we have to go through a "resident" section, but the small daughter with just eTA through the "visitors" section :-/ that's why probably they asked to apply for TRP for her

tommypau76

Mar 10, 2016
What's the point of posting the same question after almost a year ago?
what's the point of asking what's the point?

eventually the situation has changed, and guess what, it actually HAS changed

we're not just planning like 1 year ago, we''re actually moving next june: I have already a job starting end june and we're selling our house here in Italy; everything's ready but the embassy gives me no news and they have my daughter's passport, it's been 3 months while on the cic website it's reported 12 days for Temporary Residence Visa

thanks anyway for your help

Tocanadawego

Apr 19, 2015
Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/10/2015
AOR Received.
06/10/2015
Med's Done....
12-12-2105
Passport Req..
17-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
hi, thank you for your reply! yes we all have italian passport

but as me my wife and big daughter have PR Cards I guess at the airport we have to go through a "resident" section, but the small daughter with just eTA through the "visitors" section :-/ that's why probably they asked to apply for TRP for her
That makes absolutely no sense. My husband and I have PR and we brought our “visitor” baby with us on eTA without any issues. We just went in a visitor line at the immigration and that was it. No big deal.
How would they even be able to issue a visa for a visa-exempt passport? Call the embassy and inquire about what’s going on.

Reactions: tommypau76

tommypau76

Mar 10, 2016
That makes absolutely no sense. My husband and I have PR and we brought our “visitor” baby with us on eTA without any issues. We just went in a visitor line at the immigration and that was it. No big deal.
How would they even be able to issue a visa for a visa-exempt passport? Call the embassy and inquire about what’s going on.
ohh wow really? that would be much easier :)

wish I could call, only emails and they just send automated reply :-(

but thank you so much for the advice and sharing your experience!

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
what's the point of asking what's the point?

eventually the situation has changed, and guess what, it actually HAS changed

we're not just planning like 1 year ago, we''re actually moving next june: I have already a job starting end june and we're selling our house here in Italy; everything's ready but the embassy gives me no news and they have my daughter's passport, it's been 3 months while on the cic website it's reported 12 days for Temporary Residence Visa

thanks anyway for your help
If you had read the responses of your post a year ago, you would have not complicate yourself by applying TRV for your daughter and give them the passport. What has changed from a year ago? At least your daughter need to apply Eta and not TRV has not changed.