+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR options for H1b visa holder currently in USA

shaz84

Jun 1, 2016
Hi,

I am currently in USA working on H1b visa for past 5 years and planning to apply for Canada PR. I didn't get a chance to research much on the PR process and eligibility. Could you pls help me to get below questions answered -

1. Can H1b holders (IT professional) can apply on Federal Skilled Worker category ?
2. Recently I read somewhere that PR is not issued for IT professionals. Is that true ? if yes, what are the other options for IT professional for applying for CA PR ?
3. Which is the best province to apply which can offer more IT jobs and better climate to live?
4. How long does the process takes ?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Thanks

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shaz84 said:
Hi,

I am currently in USA working on H1b visa for past 5 years and planning to apply for Canada PR. I didn't get a chance to research much on the PR process and eligibility. Could you pls help me to get below questions answered -

1. Can H1b holders (IT professional) can apply on Federal Skilled Worker category ?
2. Recently I read somewhere that PR is not issued for IT professionals. Is that true ? if yes, what are the other options for IT professional for applying for CA PR ?
3. Which is the best province to apply which can offer more IT jobs and better climate to live?
4. How long does the process takes ?
1. Yes, if you fulfill eligibility of Federal Skilled Workers category.
2. Incorrect information.
3. I do not know what climate you prefer.
4. Depends on when you get invite. At least 6 months plus after getting an invitation to apply for visa.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Thanks

shaz84

Jun 1, 2016
Any state with moderate climate.. Also which state has more opportunities to get job for a IT professional.

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shaz84 said:
Any state with moderate climate.. Also which state has more opportunities to get job for a IT professional.
IT I think it is BC and Ontario.

trident

Jun 2, 2016
Hello,
I am new to this forum. May i know where i can start to fill the form to be considered in federal skilled worker.
i am in US .
thanks

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
trident said:
Hello,
I am new to this forum. May i know where i can start to fill the form to be considered in federal skilled worker.
i am in US .
thanks
You start from here.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who-express.asp
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp
You might be new to forum you need to do some homework. Spoon feeding is not done here.