+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR obligation not met

SJK

Dec 3, 2008
Hi

I applied for PR card renewal in June 2008 without having completed the 730 days. I could not complete them first because my spouse's SW case was still under process (i.e. we have both immigrated as SWs) and when that happened and when we were about to move here my father-in-law passed away. I have provided immigration with proof of this.

Anyway now after 9 months I have recieved a letter from CIC wanting more details and documents proving my stay in Canada in the past 5 years (i.e. March 12 2004 - March 12 2009). I still do not meet the 730 days obligation but there might be a window for humanitarion and compassionate grounds.

Now me and my husband are settled in Canada for more than past 1 year. We are both working.

Should I contact a lawyer to help me with my case or should I just provide the information of CIC myself? What could be the outcome in my situation?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Better contact a lawyer if it is important to you to get this through. You may be able to get a free lawyer if you go to a newcomer/immigrant centre for advice. At least it's free to ask. I do not know what the outcome of your case will be but good luck.

syahska

Star Member
May 13, 2016
Pardon me if my note here is not relevant. I have 14 days left on my PR to meet the obligation and my PR card is valid until My 2023. Unfortunately, my wife suffered a miscarriage in my home country 2 weeks ago when she was in her 3rd month and she is devastated. On hearing this news, my mum in law suffered a heart issue and was admitted in the ICU for a day. With all this, I plan to travel home fo 30 days including approval from my Canadian employer to work from my home country for 2 weeks. Will I have a problem to re-enter Canada when I return back. When will I be serve the removal notice. I moved into my new apartment 5 days ago and have a contract for 12 months. My Canadian job is there for sure and while I am in my home country, I will keep getting my salary. I will not meet my PR obligation but have to be with my wife for this short period to beget her out of the mental struggle she’s facing after the miscarriage. Will this be considered to be humanitarian and compassionate grounds. Please devise since I fly in 6 days to my home country.