+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR new portal Request After December 2020

Besttee

Star Member
Nov 8, 2020
I got my Copr today directly on my email without a phone or portal! April 1st applicant DM December 1st and Copr today! And sent photo with Copr for the card today! Lets see when I will get my PR card! Can anyone please advise if we can get the seized documents back from the immigration or do we have to request for it?
Did you get it from Etobicoke office or where? How many photographs did you mailed?

Reactions: Armaani

Fadros

Dec 4, 2020
Hello guys , I can’t check my e portal , there was a technical error when handling your request, did anyone have the same issue
Yes! I'm the same exact thing. let's update each other please @Nan321 ! I saw people on other forums having the same issue as well!

Fadros

Dec 4, 2020
I got my Copr today directly on my email without a phone or portal! April 1st applicant DM December 1st and Copr today! And sent photo with Copr for the card today! Lets see when I will get my PR card! Can anyone please advise if we can get the seized documents back from the immigration or do we have to request for it?
@Armaani I was wondering about the same thing. My seized passport has LOTS of valid visas, US/UK and Australia. Let me know please if you get any information. Some people say that they send it with PR card, others say you ask for it separately. :confused:

Armaani

Star Member
Feb 20, 2019
@Armaani I was wondering about the same thing. My seized passport has LOTS of valid visas, US/UK and Australia. Let me know please if you get any information. Some people say that they send it with PR card, others say you ask for it separately. :confused:
Yeah if you find any information please me know too

Reactions: Fadros

hk14

Jan 6, 2021
Yes! I'm the same exact thing. let's update each other please @Nan321 ! I saw people on other forums having the same issue as well!
I just got my login details and still cannot login because of the technical issue. Is anyone else still facing this problem?

luckyrefugee

Mar 5, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC missisuaga
App. Filed.......
10-12-2019
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Request
19-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-04-2021
LANDED..........
21-04-2021
lots of people get disappeared and never disclose if someone received seized documents after PR / COPR. i think you will update us all about the steps if you have any.

Reactions: Fadros and Armaani

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Yes you need to request for your documents they won't just send them back...

Reactions: Fadros and Armaani

Kaisa_18

Nov 26, 2018
AOR Received.
08-03-2019
GUYS, using your national passport for travel purposes (even for a third country) will give IRCC a legal ground to come after you and try to cease refugee protection and more importantly revoke your PR status. Go and read chapter 12 Applications to Cease Refugee Protection on IRCC website, where you can find the legal reasoning behind this action against you.

12.5.3.3. Actual Reavailment
Paragraph 121 of the UNHCR Handbook makes a distinction between actual reavailment and occasional or incidental contacts with national authorities. For example, it provides the example of obtaining a passport, which raises a presumption that the protected person intends to reavail, as opposed to obtaining other documents such as birth or marriage certificates, which would not normally be considered to constitute reavailment.

In addition, paragraph 125 of the UNHCR Handbook makes a distinction between travel with a passport issued by the refugee’s country of nationality, and travel with another document -- the latter not necessarily resulting in actual reavailment of protection. Canadian jurisprudence has also emphasized in some cases that travel with a passport from the person’s country of nationality implies that the person has availed himself or herself of the “diplomatic protection” of that country.Note54

The Courts have examined several factors to determine if a protected person actually reavailed himself or herself of the protection of their country of nationality. As described below, use of a passport to travel, the reason for the travel, whether or not the protected person took precautions, and the length of the visit are all factors that the RPD and the Courts have considered to answer the question of whether the protected person has actually reavailed

Please read the whole chapter to understand the risks that you might face just by using your national passport to travel.

You might go to a hearing. You might go to a court. You might lose your refugee protection and your permanent residency and ask to leave Canada. I can't stress enough how risky this is!

Armaani

Star Member
Feb 20, 2019
Yes you need to request for your documents they won't just send them back...
What is the best way to request back my documents I had to give them my national ID documents with refugee claim and the. Sent my national passport with submitting PR Application.. i am not planning to use them for travel as I do have valid Travel Documents but for other personal reasons I would need my documents

Fadros

Dec 4, 2020
I just got my login details and still cannot login because of the technical issue. Is anyone else still facing this problem?
Yes! same issue here. Lets update each other to see what can we do to solve this issue. I think we should call them.

Reactions: sanjeetqa

ned_stark

Apr 15, 2019
Hi folks,

I just noticed that my application status in CIC account changed from submitted to approved. Although they mentioned about document number of COPR in the decision part, there is no document to download as COPR. I guess they have already uploaded the eCoPR in my PR confirmation portal but I cannot log in to check due to technical problem of the portal.

FYI,

I got the PR conformation portal invitation on Dec. 15th and got my credentials in Dec. 16th from Calgary office since then there was no any updates neither in CIC nor in PR portal.

Fadros

Dec 4, 2020
Hi @ned_stark ,

Same exact issue here. I talked to lots of people on another forums who got the same issue and one of them mentioned that he emailed the same email address he emailed to get log in details and informed them of the issue with a screenshot of the technical error and they said they will provide him new log in details. Lets try that.

Also I think that your pr card will be sent to you in a week or so, that's why this paper is not super important as the pr card now is fast tracked so we shouldn't stress about it but I'll email them anyway.

Yuki.03

Nov 30, 2020
GTA
LANDED..........
07-01-2021
Hi folks,

I just noticed that my application status in CIC account changed from submitted to approved. Although they mentioned about document number of COPR in the decision part, there is no document to download as COPR. I guess they have already uploaded the eCoPR in my PR confirmation portal but I cannot log in to check due to technical problem of the portal.

FYI,

I got the PR conformation portal invitation on Dec. 15th and got my credentials in Dec. 16th from Calgary office since then there was no any updates neither in CIC nor in PR portal.
try logging in using a different browser or your phone. or clearing your browser cache. some have said that worked for them.