+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR MEDICALS - EPILEPTIC - Express Entry

mnd2402

Dec 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All

I was an EPILEPTIC PATIENT and not under any medication now. All is well now.

I Informed this to my PR PANEL PHYSICIAN as well as I don't want to misrepresent things which can cause more issues.

i saw somewhere in google that epilepsy is considered as a serious disorder in Canada..

Now with lot of stress posting this question.. will this impact my medical fitness?

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Hey dude! Fellow epileptic here.

We don't know for sure CIC's definition of a serious disorder but I am 99.99% sure epilepsy isn't on it.

Cic don't want people that cost the medical industry more than $6000 a year or someone who is a danger to the public. I'm declaring my epilepsy (2 seizures in last 5 years) because I know neither of those conditions apply to me. There's several epileptics here who have got pr no problem. :)

Reactions: swapnil26287

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Epilepsy as such is nothing serious (unless there is some kind of very extreme with heavy medication). All it does is that it puts some limits on your employability (like driving licence for example). But most of work positions are ok. And usually it requires little to no medication. As such I do not see that as an admisibility problem (it is neither contagious nor expensive).

Aroonabi

Star Member
Jan 14, 2016
Hi guys,
Will your application or visa be rejected if they find Tuberculosis in your medical test? Or will they hold visa till it gets cured?
Worried. They found somthing in the chest exray n they have asked for futher check up to find out if its TB.

Will the PR application process be holded or they will continue other verifications?

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
Aroonabi said:
Hi guys,
Will your application or visa be rejected if they find Tuberculosis in your medical test? Or will they hold visa till it gets cured?
Worried. They found somthing in the chest exray n they have asked for futher check up to find out if its TB.

Will the PR application process be holded or they will continue other verifications?
Have they asked for sputum test? There are 2 applicants who got this and then sputum tests were negative and medical got passed. So just wait for results of sputum test.

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
I can't see them refusing anyone entry because of epilepsy, as long as it was controlled. If someone is having seizures every other day, many hospital/emergency room visits, etc., because of it, I could see them questioning it. Otherwise, I don't think they'll give it a second look.

Aroonabi

Star Member
Jan 14, 2016
bestofluck said:
Have they asked for sputum test? There are 2 applicants who got this and then sputum tests were negative and medical got passed. So just wait for results of sputum test.
Yes they have asked for sputum test. Will cic hold the process until the medical test is out or will they continur with other things to verify?
Thanks best of luck

mnd2402

Dec 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kryt0n said:
Hey dude! Fellow epileptic here.

We don't know for sure CIC's definition of a serious disorder but I am 99.99% sure epilepsy isn't on it.

Cic don't want people that cost the medical industry more than $6000 a year or someone who is a danger to the public. I'm declaring my epilepsy (2 seizures in last 5 years) because I know neither of those conditions apply to me. There's several epileptics here who have got pr no problem. :)
Thank you so much.. That makes me to feel good.

mnd2402

Dec 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mgnlky said:
I can't see them refusing anyone entry because of epilepsy, as long as it was controlled. If someone is having seizures every other day, many hospital/emergency room visits, etc., because of it, I could see them questioning it. Otherwise, I don't think they'll give it a second look.
Thanks a bunch!

getjaionline

Jul 10, 2017
Epilepsy as such is nothing serious (unless there is some kind of very extreme with heavy medication). All it does is that it puts some limits on your employability (like driving licence for example). But most of work positions are ok. And usually it requires little to no medication. As such I do not see that as an admisibility problem (it is neither contagious nor expensive).
Hi, my wife is having epilepsy but had only once in last 6 years and controlled with medicine now. I am the main applicant. In my spouse statutory questions section, do I need to mention yes or no for any serious disease? We have mentioned about epilepsy to the DR during medical tests. Please advise. Thanks

Dec 14, 2018
Hi, my wife is having epilepsy but had only once in last 6 years and controlled with medicine now. I am the main applicant. In my spouse statutory questions section, do I need to mention yes or no for any serious disease? We have mentioned about epilepsy to the DR during medical tests. Please advise. Thanks

Please share you experience. I just read that the Canadian government has now changed the rules around epilepsy. Is it true? Pleas help, I need this info to get all my facts right before going ahead with the application.

SNijjar

Apr 9, 2019
Hi All

I was an EPILEPTIC PATIENT and not under any medication now. All is well now.

I Informed this to my PR PANEL PHYSICIAN as well as I don't want to misrepresent things which can cause more issues.

i saw somewhere in google that epilepsy is considered as a serious disorder in Canada..

Now with lot of stress posting this question.. will this impact my medical fitness?
Hey what was the result of your medical exam ? Did they ask you for additional tests? And did you finally go to Canada? Request you to share your experience please

Canadianimmi

May 23, 2019
Hello, Would require some advice from senior members.
While filling out statutory questions post ITA, the last questions asks.

Ha XXXXX (My spouse / wife) had any serious disease or physical or mental disorder?

My wife XXXXX has juvenile myoclonic epilepsy since age 12 (she is 27 now) and has been seizure free for 12 years now. The same has been declared to panel physician and supporting document from neurologist passed onto panel physician and uploaded with emedical report.

My question is what should be the answer to the statutory question YES or NO? as I heard that epilepsy is neurological disorder and not mental disorder. I don't want to raise unnecessary red flags but at the same time I want to be 100% transparent.

I don't want to answer the questions incorrectly by incorrect interpretation, seeking help

thanks

BernyGee

Oct 22, 2019
Guys it would be great if anyone can answer this query, especially people who has experienced this case:

As the thread says, we did declare that my spouse has controlled epilepsy taking once daily lamictal and kepra, she was diagnosed when she was 15 years old, and has been controlled since then.

Did the people who declared their case got their acceptance?? Or what was their reply?

Please share with us your experience and knowledge!

Jun 30, 2021
Thank you so much.. That makes me to feel good.
hello
I am the primary applicant for PR through express entry and I revealed that once I got siezure in 2018 dec and clearly mentioned that’s the first and last time happened to me. So does it gonna affect rejection of my PR application because I had siezure once in last two years. Please confirm me thank you