+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pr landing via grand portage port of entry

A ra

Mar 7, 2019
Hi. Me and my husband are planning to do our canada pr landing via road from US. Can we opt grand portage as our entry post. Anybody has any experiences or suggestions via doing it this route. We live in minnesota and this route is more convenient for us. Any suggestions would help. Thanks

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
You will be fine at any port of entry. Read people's experiences at any port by searching this forum and your experience will be similar.

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
Hi. Me and my husband are planning to do our canada pr landing via road from US. Can we opt grand portage as our entry post. Anybody has any experiences or suggestions via doing it this route. We live in minnesota and this route is more convenient for us. Any suggestions would help. Thanks
Perfectly fine. Make sure you have your valid passports and CoPR, and if also landing as settlers, your 'goods accompanying / goods to follow lists. Tell CBSA that you are 'landing to declare Permanent Residence' and hand over your CoPR and they will take it from there. Once they get started, whole process takes no more than 30 minutes (depends on how many in line ahesd of you, but I would expect none or very few at this crossing!)

santab

Sep 15, 2018
Hi, did you land via Grand Portage? Can you share your experience?

I am thinking of this port of entry. I am not planning to stay on Canadian side for more than a couple of days after entry. And the address I plan to provide is from Toronto Ontario. Do you think that would be a problem? Will the immigration agent cast any aspersions as we will enter from Grand Portage but give address of Toronto? Or they are ok with this concept of 'Soft Landing'?

A ra

Mar 7, 2019
Hi, did you land via Grand Portage? Can you share your experience?

I am thinking of this port of entry. I am not planning to stay on Canadian side for more than a couple of days after entry. And the address I plan to provide is from Toronto Ontario. Do you think that would be a problem? Will the immigration agent cast any aspersions as we will enter from Grand Portage but give address of Toronto? Or they are ok with this concept of 'Soft Landing'?
Hi, yes we did our landing via this route. The officers were very welcoming and friendly. I think it is fine if u provide toronto address. Just make sure you have your copr and good lists and photographs. Goodluck.

santab

Sep 15, 2018
Hi, yes we did our landing via this route. The officers were very welcoming and friendly. I think it is fine if u provide toronto address. Just make sure you have your copr and good lists and photographs. Goodluck.
Hi A ra,

Thank you very much for quick response.
Was there any timing restrictions like we must reach between so and so time? I couldn't find this info online so asking.
It will be about 7 hours drive from where we live and we have a young child (2.5 years). Even if we plan to start early morning, it will be about 2-3 pm or may be 4pm by the time we reach

A ra

Mar 7, 2019
Hi A ra,

Thank you very much for quick response.
Was there any timing restrictions like we must reach between so and so time? I couldn't find this info online so asking.
It will be about 7 hours drive from where we live and we have a young child (2.5 years). Even if we plan to start early morning, it will be about 2-3 pm or may be 4pm by the time we reach
It will be open 24/7. We reached around 3 pm in the afternoon.