Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
mr-moose said:
Haha. Some of your previous messages contained very useful info, so I hadn't deleted them. I'm only allowed 5 messages in my inbox :(

I did see that the forms have changed now, but I'm still thinking of applying through the old process. We already had our up-front medicals. I have my police clearances from both here in Australia and in the United Kingdom, and we have everything else I need. I think it states you can use the old process up until the end of January.

I will try and find out more about timelines between approval and required dates to land as we get notification of milestones of the application. I'm getting excited now :)
You owe me a beer then.... I can always resend that info. If you guys hit KWCG that is :).

I'll shoot you a PM with my email if you'd like. I have a few leads here too that I might turn up, but can put you in place.

I think you can apply to Jan 15. But you'd likely score high on IEC too if this fails. So, chin up. You'll get there. We'll make you toboggan one way or another, mate :)

nbpb

Sep 21, 2015
Smearingo said:
Hi nbpb, thank you for sharing! and congratulations for becoming Canadians!
I have a question: I plan to go back to my home country for holidays after I get the PR (which I believe is coming around the end of the year). But I am aware that for PR, we need PR card to enter Canada (unless we enter by private vehicle, such as driving from the US).
I wonder how you are going to arrange that for the PR cards.
I believe PR cards can only be sent to a Canadian address. I wonder if it is a good idea to ask someone to send it by courrier (but I heard that the US customs may seize it)... Another option will be: to apply for the permanent resident travel document (PRTD)... but this sounds troublesome and costs 50CAD....
or maybe I should postpone my trip until I get PR card....
Hi Smearingo, I have a relative living in Canada, so we have got my spouse's PR to be sent there. They do recommend that the PR card not be posted by the relative incase it gets lost etc. In regards to when we move to Canada officially, during the landing process, we were given a stamped document that we can use to enter the country (without a PR card). They did not mention anything about PRTD. I am not sure if someone else has had a different experience?

buttercam

Aug 26, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/20/2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
AOR1- 07/06/2016 and AOR2- 08/26/2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
08/12/2016
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
05/02/2016 (submitted with Application on 06/20/2016)
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
12/16/2016
VISA ISSUED...
12/23/2016 but received 1/5/2017
LANDED..........
1/23/2017 scheduled appointment at CIC Office; already in Canada
profiler said:
COPR or something that states you can legally work.
Hi everyone,

Saw this thread and I was wondering, can I get my SIN before my landing process?

I'm currently in Canada and I already received my COPR and my passport with the immigrant visa. However, I'm still waiting for confirmation of my landing appointment at CIC Etobicoke (I applied outland, my passport request came in while I was in Canada as TRV, so the passport was sent to CPC-Ottawa and my COPR was mailed here in my sponsor's address). I already called the call center for the landing schedule at CIC Etobicoke, but since confirmation of the date on when that will be completed is still not yet known, I was just waiting for the SIN since I have an employment opportunity waiting- I cannot just push through since I still don't have a SIN. I checked Service Canada's requirement and yes COPR is one of the valid required document. But can I apply for SIN even if my landing procedure has not yet been completed?

Thanks in advance for the help/response.

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
buttercam said:
Hi everyone,

Saw this thread and I was wondering, can I get my SIN before my landing process?

I'm currently in Canada and I already received my COPR and my passport with the immigrant visa. However, I'm still waiting for confirmation of my landing appointment at CIC Etobicoke (I applied outland, my passport request came in while I was in Canada as TRV, so the passport was sent to CPC-Ottawa and my COPR was mailed here in my sponsor's address). I already called the call center for the landing schedule at CIC Etobicoke, but since confirmation of the date on when that will be completed is still not yet known, I was just waiting for the SIN since I have an employment opportunity waiting- I cannot just push through since I still don't have a SIN. I checked Service Canada's requirement and yes COPR is one of the valid required document. But can I apply for SIN even if my landing procedure has not yet been completed?

Thanks in advance for the help/response.
No, you need to have landed as a PR to get a SIN.

buttercam

Aug 26, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/20/2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
08/12/2016
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
12/16/2016
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
MilesAway said:
No, you need to have landed as a PR to get a SIN.
Okay, thank you. Just made me wonder. Thanks so much!

buttercam

Aug 26, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/20/2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
08/12/2016
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
12/16/2016
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hello again and sorry to bother with another question.

I have a scheduled landing appointment already at the CIC Office on January 23... with regards to custom declaration- do I need to fill up again any form on this? I have been staying in Canada under TRV/Visitor visa or a few months now and I do not plan to import any of my personal stuff from my home country in the near future. I brought all my personal belongings already when I landed under TRV.

Thanks as usual for the response/any help you can provide.