+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Landing Experience

dpard

Apr 1, 2016
Hi All,

Can anyone share their PR landing experience in Canada? My wife will be landing end of this month and I was wondering what does she need to bring along (besides the passport and Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) of course).

Also, I have heard that since she's coming to Canada for the first time, the amount of Jwellary she can bring with her is unlimited. Is this correct?

Any assistance/advise will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
if she is planning to bring stuff with her at her landing or at a later date, she needs to fill out the declaration form. It used to be called B4 and has been renumbered. i don't remember the combinations of numbers for the new form. it is something like BSF186 I think? She is allowed to bring as much as she wants duty free as a new settler as long as it is listed on the form. If she is bringing items at a later date, she would tick the "goods to follow" box and would need to submit 2 forms (one for items bringing in at landing and one for goods to follow) If she only has a small amount of suitcases of clothes and personal items, she doesn't need to bother with the form. She does not need to declare jewelry she is wearing (wedding jewelry). She would need to declare jewelry and household items if it is beyond a few suitcases of clothing. Pictures are not required and you can declare items in a lot and give a total value. Ie: 1 bag/box of jewelry, then provide a total value of the lot. If you have expensive items, i'd recommend keeping copies of appraisals if you have them. Again, not required.

Landing is a very simple process. as long as there isn't any wait time, it will be about 15 minutes. if she has items to declare, that will be done after she officially lands. again, a very short process. They hardly go through the belongings to make sure what you're bringing matches what's on your forms. Obviously if you are declaring more than household goods, (pet, plants, fire arms, alcohol), then they may inspect it to be sure it cleared to come into canada.

4Canucks

Star Member
Mar 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 29 2015
File Transfer...
28-09-2015
Med's Done....
30-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
DM 11-2-2016
my wife landed at the end of July and it was easy as pie at Pearson International Airport in Toronto. We even got her social insurance number after landing, they have offices in both terminal 1 and terminal 3.