+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR invitation

Vidhu_Nav

Jul 8, 2020
Hi all,
I have an urgent query... I am working in Canada and I received an ITA for applying PR. But I am applying without accompanying my husband, My query is my husband already applied for his spousal open work permit by feb...Due to corona he is delayed with process, in the mean time I received an ITA... Now I am confused due to this his application or mine won't get affected right?

Kindly help...

Vidhu_Nav

Jul 8, 2020
As I applied for his work permit before getting an ITA, I just didn't include him...Now I am afraid whether I will be asked why u aren't accompanying and you applied for his work permit? That's raised my doubt...

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
A work permit is an application for temporary residence. It has nothing to do with an application for PR; they are handled separately.

You absolutely should have included him if your plan was to become PRs together. I hope you can update your EE profile to add him and they let you keep your ITA. Otherwise it will just be weird as you would have to pay more to sponsor him later, and in the meantime figure out ways for him to keep legal status in Canada.

Vidhu_Nav

Jul 8, 2020
A work permit is an application for temporary residence. It has nothing to do with an application for PR; they are handled separately.

You absolutely should have included him if your plan was to become PRs together. I hope you can update your EE profile to add him and they let you keep your ITA. Otherwise it will just be weird as you would have to pay more to sponsor him later, and in the meantime figure out ways for him to keep legal status in Canada.
So, can I call CIC for updating my profile with my husband as accompanying? What is the ways sir?

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
So, can I call CIC for updating my profile with my husband as accompanying? What is the ways sir?
Since it sounds like you haven't accepted the ITA yet, you need to log in to your Express Entry profile and edit it to add your husband. This may or may not invalidate your current ITA, particularly if the changes cause your CRS score to drop below the cutoff for the round you got the ITA in.