+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Interview - Urgent Help - Refugee

arthurarthur

Oct 9, 2015
Hello there,

I briefly describe my situation. I am a convention refugee. I applied for PR. Vegreville determined I am eligible to apply for PR and sent my case to CIC Etobicoke. I received email - notification about an interview where permanent residency status will be granted (the last step in receiving PR in my case) and here comes my question. (I know it WILL look like I am ignorant but in this case, I cannot make any mistakes and want to make sure everything is correct).

The date for an interview is said to be 10/05/2016 and there is no indication which way to read date (date, month, year, or month, date, year). According to a timeline, May 10 2016 makes much more sense and I have received correspondence from CIC where they have given date as date, month, year before. But in Canada, month, date, year is used more commonly as a way to read dates.

If anybody knows better than me or has had experience with receiving similar letters for PR fro CIC or just any letters From CIC (it does not matter what was a reason for receiving PR as long as CIC office wanted you to "come over") PLEASE HELP how properly to read this date that I would not miss it

P.S. There was no contact information which I could use to contact them and ask besides Call Center number which just gives you access to recorded messages about general stuff from CIC website. There is also no contact information for office because they receive people only by appointments.

Thank you everybody in advance.

Taxed

Jul 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-2015
Doc's Request.
11-2015
AOR Received.
04-2015
Med's Request
11-2015
Med's Done....
11-2015
Interview........
9-2016 ARC Approved.: 9-2016 CSQ Issued.....: 2-2017 Re-Med's Request...: 4-2017 Re-Med's Done : 4-2017
Passport Req..
04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-2017
LANDED..........
05-2017
In my opinion it's 10th May so in few days.

Why are you freaking out? Let's assume it's October for a second, it doesn't hurt you to still go May 10th to make sure.
Either way it's May and good luck at the interview.

Reactions: arfatjan

artin2015

Oct 4, 2015
Toronto
App. Filed.......
23 aug 2013
File Transfer...
Sep 24 2015
LANDED..........
12-12-2017
lol
for sure is 10 of May 2016 bro
and congratulation, can u plz say ur timeline for getting this stage ?
how long was waiting since ur case transferred to Etobicoke office to get interview?

noba el king

Star Member
Jan 3, 2016
arthurarthur said:
Hello there,

I briefly describe my situation. I am a convention refugee. I applied for PR. Vegreville determined I am eligible to apply for PR and sent my case to CIC Etobicoke. I received email - notification about an interview where permanent residency status will be granted (the last step in receiving PR in my case) and here comes my question. (I know it WILL look like I am ignorant but in this case, I cannot make any mistakes and want to make sure everything is correct).

The date for an interview is said to be 10/05/2016 and there is no indication which way to read date (date, month, year, or month, date, year). According to a timeline, May 10 2016 makes much more sense and I have received correspondence from CIC where they have given date as date, month, year before. But in Canada, month, date, year is used more commonly as a way to read dates.

If anybody knows better than me or has had experience with receiving similar letters for PR fro CIC or just any letters From CIC (it does not matter what was a reason for receiving PR as long as CIC office wanted you to "come over") PLEASE HELP how properly to read this date that I would not miss it

P.S. There was no contact information which I could use to contact them and ask besides Call Center number which just gives you access to recorded messages about general stuff from CIC website. There is also no contact information for office because they receive people only by appointments.

Thank you everybody in advance.
Congratulations it may 10 2016
Can you tell me when did you receive AIP?

arthurarthur

Oct 9, 2015
artin2015 said:
lol
for sure is 10 of May 2016 bro
and congratulation, can u plz say ur timeline for getting this stage ?
how long was waiting since ur case transferred to Etobicoke office to get interview?
I've been waiting for 7 months (when I applied it was 18 months for first step, now it's only 5 but it changes all the time).
Timeline:
August (beginning of the month) 2015 - Vegreville received my application
August (end of the month) 2015 - Vegreville started processing my application
April 2016 - Vegreville confirmed eligibility and sent my case to Etobicoke
May 2016 - Etobicoke scheduled an interview in the beginning of the month in order to grant permanent residency status

arthurarthur

Oct 9, 2015
noba el king said:
Congratulations it may 10 2016
Can you tell me when did you receive AIP?
If AIP means "approval in principle" which you receive after the hearing if your case "wins" the hearing then I received AIP in the end of June 2015.

noba el king

Star Member
Jan 3, 2016
arthurarthur said:
If AIP means "approval in principle" which you receive after the hearing if your case "wins" the hearing then I received AIP in the end of June 2015.
My case now is decision made and I received e-mail that told me that process is complete and wait for another contact to till you the appointment for recieving PR
my question how much time will it take to receive the e-mail for appointment?

arthurarthur

Oct 9, 2015
noba el king said:
My case now is decision made and I received e-mail that told me that process is complete and wait for another contact to till you the appointment for recieving PR
my question how much time will it take to receive the e-mail for appointment?
Really sorry for late reply. okay, I got your question. Officially stated that you will be contacted within 10 months. All information I have from people who had been through this - it will happen within 1 - 1.5 month after they contacted you. And I know for sure (information came from CIC) that if you're in Vancouver, it will take three weeks.

So just wait a little bit. It's almost done.

noba el king

Star Member
Jan 3, 2016
arthurarthur said:
Really sorry for late reply. okay, I got your question. Officially stated that you will be contacted within 10 months. All information I have from people who had been through this - it will happen within 1 - 1.5 month after they contacted you. And I know for sure (information came from CIC) that if you're in Vancouver, it will take three weeks.

So just wait a little bit. It's almost done.
Thnx so much