+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR INTERVIEW QUESTIONS IN CANADA

Genevieve1

Oct 6, 2017
Good day. Please my interview appointment is next months. What questions should I expect.
I reside in Canada together with my spouse.
Thanks

Spyro64

Star Member
Jan 4, 2017
I myself have never had an interview but I can at least tell you how I am preparing. I would just know everything about you and your significant other. Some things I would make sure you know are:
  • Age / birthdays
  • How you guys met. If it was online make sure you know when you guys met online and how. Along with when was the first time you met in person. Location, date, place where you stayed during the visit.
  • Friends and family members names.
  • When did you get married / where you got married / location ect
Pretty much just do your best to know everything and anything about each other. As long as you know about each other very well you shouldn't be too worried.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
They said landing interview.
What is the difference
A relationship interview means that they have concerns about the app and need to speak to you about it.

A landing interview isn't really an interview. They will confirm the basic information on your COPR, have you sign the papers and you will become a PR.

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
They said landing interview.
What is the difference
Please check the following landing interview experience extracted from my thread ; Page-12;
Spousal Sponsorship Interview Questionaires, Experience, Preparations
Discussion in 'Family Class Sponsorship' started by Hasan9999, Jun 16, 2014.
(as requested by you yesterday through PM):

Hasan

1. sharingthenightNewbie
    Jul 4, 2015
    #172Jul 4, 2015 at 1:09 AM

Our Inland application was received by immigration on October 3rd, 2013. We received the approval for the spousal application part in March, 2015. According the immigration website we would have a 10 month wait to finalize the application. We live in a very remote part of Alberta with the closest immigration office over 700 km away, as well as this being where the closest medical doctor being located. We were asked to submit a second medical for my husband because the first one expired from receipt to reaching the second part of the process (investigation of the sponsored person). We had to get special medical dispensation to have a doctor closer to our home to be approved. This took less than 5 days to get and the medical was submitted the end of April, 2015.
    We got a letter asking us to attend an interview on June 29, 2015 in Edmonton - drove the 10 hours to the city, our interview was for 1:00 pm and by 1:30 pm the same day my husband had his permanent residency. They asked him 3 questions, they asked me 2 questions:

to Him:
    1. Have you ever been convicted of a crime in Canada or anywhere else.
    2. do you have any dependants not listed in your application
    3. Have you ever been denied entry in to Canada.

to Me:
    1. Have you ever been married or lived common law with anyone else. Because I am widowed I answered yes to this question, so they had to ask the second question.
    2. Do you have any outstanding court orders to pay child support or alimony.

The interviewer was pleasant, relaxed and very accommodating.
    She first asked if we had any questions and of course (because this was only 3 months and not the 10 months we thought we would have to wait) was what is the next step after this interview. Her answer was, you will be a permanent resident within 5-10 minutes of this interview.

Our background: We meet while I was living in England and married exactly one year after we met. We moved to Canada one month after we got married. My husband is 7 years older than me. We bought property in Alberta prior to moving here.

I know that the immigration process is extremely stressful and the waiting times seem to be so long, but every single person we have had contact with at Immigration has been pleasant, understanding and extremely helpful.

Be patient, don't lose your cool and I hope everyone enjoys the happy outcome that we have had.

Like Reply

Reactions: meowmeow123