+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Interview document clarification

GreyWolf88

Oct 8, 2016
My wife recently got an email stating:

I am pleased to advise you that the processing of your application for permanent residence will be finalized at an interview that has been scheduled for:
(date, time, location)

In order to grant you permanent residence, you must provide us with satisfactory original identity documents. All applicants must provide their original valid passports at the landing interview.

You must attend the interview with the following:

Ø All of your dependants in Canada that are included in this application

Ø Proof you have paid the $490 Right of Permanent Residence Fee

Ø Two (2) photos for each person on this application taken within the last 12 months

Ø All documents issued to you by Citizenship and Immigration Canada

My Questions:

1. What constitutes satisfactory original identity documents? They don't specify! She has a passport, but what else is needed to satisfy the plural "documents"?

2. I, a Canadian citizen, am sponsoring my wife who is Korean. We have no children and she is the only one applying for PR here, so she has no dependants, right?

3. I've asked this before but it warrants asking again--when we paid $1040CAD last November when my wife was first applying, did that include the $490 Right of PR Fee?

4. Regarding the photos--do I, as the sponsor, have to get 2 photos taken along with my wife, the applicant?

5. They ask for "All documents issued to you by Citizenship and Immigration Canada" but they don't provide a list! They expect me to remember every single document that has been issued to me over the past year? What does it include? Can anyone, for the love of all that is good, provide a list or clarify this so that we may finally put this nightmarish process to an end and once again live our lives like normal human beings?

Thank you kindly.

Last edited:

lauralee15

Star Member
May 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Missassauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-11-2015
AOR Received.
29-4-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
LANDED..........
6-7-2016
1. My husband took the entire copy of his application which included his birth certificate, but the only identity documented the officer requested to see was his passport.

2. If there are no children, there are no dependents.

3. That fee does include the Right of Permanent Resident Fee. We had the copies of the receipts with us, but they never asked about them.

4. Only the applicant is required to have photos (they are for the PR card). Make sure they are the right size!

5. We were super crazy organized and had kept every single correspondence from CIC, but I don't think that is what they were looking for. My husband also had the work permit they issued which spoke to his status in Canada. We were never asked about this either.

Basically they just asked to see both of our passports, kept the 2 photos... asked the standard questions and that was it. Quick and painless!

Reactions: GreyWolf88

GreyWolf88

Oct 8, 2016
1. My husband took the entire copy of his application which included his birth certificate, but the only identity documented the officer requested to see was his passport.

2. If there are no children, there are no dependents.

3. That fee does include the Right of Permanent Resident Fee. We had the copies of the receipts with us, but they never asked about them.

4. Only the applicant is required to have photos (they are for the PR card). Make sure they are the right size!

5. We were super crazy organized and had kept every single correspondence from CIC, but I don't think that is what they were looking for. My husband also had the work permit they issued which spoke to his status in Canada. We were never asked about this either.

Basically they just asked to see both of our passports, kept the 2 photos... asked the standard questions and that was it. Quick and painless!
Okay, sounds like it may be easier than expected, but I guess we will bring everything we've got (we have the receipt and a [hopefully complete] file, I just have to decide if I need to print every email we got from them as well) just in case.

Thank you so much for the swift response!