+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR in progress since May 2017 - BOWP Refused

uncountable

Aug 30, 2017
Hello Everyone,

I am very confused and loaded with different information. i was late to these forums and with the amount of knowledge on this form i regret not joining sooner.

So basically, here is my case...

1. I currently reside in Ontario Canada
2. Applied for my PR in May 2017 under PNP Class, got nominated by ontario -
Current statue: Medical passed, additional document has been requested
3. PGWP expired June 2017
4. I applied to BOWP before my pgwp expired.
5. Unfortunately, i've been refused my bowp (at the end of August) because my PNP certificate was not uploaded with my application. I used an agent/Lawyer but she did not know that i had to upload the certificate. :(
Now i've had to stop work because i don't have a valid work permit and i am no longer implied.
My question is i don't know what to do now, i already applied for restoration of visitor record, but i don't know if i can apply for an employer specific work permit. my employer has created an employer portal and provided me with an offer of employment number.
Do i go ahead and apply for this work permit?
Someone said i should just reapply for a bowp, should i do this?
or should i just wait this out?

Also, i have to leave canada at the end of december for a significant family event. Does anyone know what will happen to my PR application if i leave canada during the processing time.

Please reply, i'm really stressed and confused. Don't even trust the lawyer anymore as i'm in this because of them to begin with.

Anford

Oct 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver, BC
I'm sorry I won't help you but there is one more thing you should do now - write the name of the lawyer/company to everybody here so people know who to avoid and also don't forget to write the worst reviews all over the internet, especially social media and google business reviews... :mad:

I'm really sorry :( Hopefully somebody here will have a solution for your!!! Don't give up...!

JGD_C

Star Member
Jun 25, 2013
App. Filed.......
10-03-2017
AOR Received.
10-03-2017
Med's Done....
07-03-1976
Passport Req..
05-09-2017
Hello Everyone,

I am very confused and loaded with different information. i was late to these forums and with the amount of knowledge on this form i regret not joining sooner.

So basically, here is my case...

1. I currently reside in Ontario Canada
2. Applied for my PR in May 2017 under PNP Class, got nominated by ontario -
Current statue: Medical passed, additional document has been requested
3. PGWP expired June 2017
4. I applied to BOWP before my pgwp expired.
5. Unfortunately, i've been refused my bowp (at the end of August) because my PNP certificate was not uploaded with my application. I used an agent/Lawyer but she did not know that i had to upload the certificate. :(
Now i've had to stop work because i don't have a valid work permit and i am no longer implied.
My question is i don't know what to do now, i already applied for restoration of visitor record, but i don't know if i can apply for an employer specific work permit. my employer has created an employer portal and provided me with an offer of employment number.
Do i go ahead and apply for this work permit?
Someone said i should just reapply for a bowp, should i do this?
or should i just wait this out?

Also, i have to leave canada at the end of december for a significant family event. Does anyone know what will happen to my PR application if i leave canada during the processing time.

Please reply, i'm really stressed and confused. Don't even trust the lawyer anymore as i'm in this because of them to begin with.
Very sad. And yes, you must not leave Canada for now. Re apply for BOWP / work with a proper lawyer to rework on the bowp case. Chug on until then. Keep everyone posted here.

uncountable

Aug 30, 2017
Very sad. And yes, you must not leave Canada for now. Re apply for BOWP / work with a proper lawyer to rework on the bowp case. Chug on until then. Keep everyone posted here.
How can i reapply for a BOWP if i don't have a valid work permit?
Am i to just go ahead and apply?
I have an appointment with a lawyer on tuesday to review my position/ best scenarios right now. so tired!!

JGD_C

Star Member
Jun 25, 2013
App. Filed.......
10-03-2017
AOR Received.
10-03-2017
Med's Done....
07-03-1976
Passport Req..
05-09-2017
What did lawyer say?