+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR In Process, got married ! need help plzz

kumar26

Feb 1, 2014
pkramsay said:
Hi kumar26,
Exactly the same question I have been trying to get an answer for. This thing about dual intent is confusing and most of the experiences I have read on this forum have been negative for a visitor visa. Hopefully some one helps us with this. By the way, congratulations for your wedding (seems like exactly 1 month from today) !!

Hi pkramsay
Sorry for the late response. Just to let u know I applied for a OWP for my wife after marriage from India and she got it approved in 33 days . I have also informed CIC about my marriage through EMAIL and they sent me all the forms I need to fill in order to add my spouse. I have sent all the requested forms and Docs and now waiting for their reply. I had done my medicals before marriage and while I was in India for my marriage I also received PPR from CIC. So I hope all my verification is done. They only need to verify my spouse Docs.

pkramsay

May 14, 2009
Thank you very much, spookyb and kumar26, for taking time to answer my questions!!

kumar26,
Congrats on your wedding and getting OWP for your spouse!! May I ask if you informed the CIC first about adding your spouse to the PR application and then applied for the OWP? Did you let the the OWP officer know about your in-process PR applications?
I am happy to know that it took only 33 days in your case for approving the OWP. In my case, I will be in a time crunch after my wedding this Sep. I have only 3 weeks between my wedding and return to Canada and I want to bring my wife with me when I return. In this case, can my wife apply for a visitor visa while letting the visa officer know that we have a PR application in-process (dual-intent) and this visitor visa is just meant as a bridge?

spookyb,
I would really appreciate it if you had any comments on the last part of my question..

Thank you very much guys!!

dwahome

Dec 18, 2013
Joint this thread for more info http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/request-for-additional-documents-regarding-my-marriage-after-medical-recieved-t185480.0.html

kumar26

Feb 1, 2014
Hi pkramsay

I did not mention explicitly on any document submitted for OWP of my wife which said I have a PR in process. But I assume as soon as they enter ur Client ID on their system they will get all info about you, so U pretty much cannot hide anything from CIC.
I informed CIC about my marriage around the same time I applied for wife's OWP because I had already got PPR for myself and did not have a lot of time as u need to send passport in 30 days.
You can apply for Visitor visa as it takes only a week, but from what I read online Visitor visa gets rejected a lot and OWP is always a safer bet. Although no guarantee but OWP has more approval chances than Visitor. Hence I applied for OWP. So take your call accordingly.

pkramsay said:
Thank you very much, spookyb and kumar26, for taking time to answer my questions!!

kumar26,
Congrats on your wedding and getting OWP for your spouse!! May I ask if you informed the CIC first about adding your spouse to the PR application and then applied for the OWP? Did you let the the OWP officer know about your in-process PR applications?
I am happy to know that it took only 33 days in your case for approving the OWP. In my case, I will be in a time crunch after my wedding this Sep. I have only 3 weeks between my wedding and return to Canada and I want to bring my wife with me when I return. In this case, can my wife apply for a visitor visa while letting the visa officer know that we have a PR application in-process (dual-intent) and this visitor visa is just meant as a bridge?

spookyb,
I would really appreciate it if you had any comments on the last part of my question..

Thank you very much guys!!

CanInd28

Feb 12, 2014
Hi Kumar26,
Currently I am under open work permit in canada and have applied CEC for permanent residency. Received my medicals and submitted just two weeks ago. waiting for my passport request. But now I am getting married in Nov 2014. Will be leaving to my hometown and planning to apply spouse work permit once I receive my marriage certificate at my hometown. Would there be any issues for getting spouse work permit?. My work permit expires on 2015 may. And when I am back to Canada, I am gonna send my passport to CIC once I receive request. I will disclose my marriage details to CIC when sending the passport. Do you think they will approve the spouse work permit?.. and would there be any problem when I file PR papers for my spouse If I bring under spouse work permit?. Or shall I apply directly to Spouse PR after I get my PR?..Which is the best possible way and faster to bring my spouse?.

If I add my spouse documents to the current CEC file, how long would they take to complete the process?..Since I have only 6 months
I read the previous threads but just want to make u clear of my case. Did u get ur PR now or still waiting?