15-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-07-2013
LANDED..........
03-08-2013
App filed = feb 2012

AOR received = June 2012

Got married = May 1st 2013

Medical received = May 10th 2013 , I'd replied to their email by saying I got married and will submit the documents

I had submitted it all the documents

Please advise, what would be the processing time for my wife and mine ?

Plz help Seniors

cn_nikki

Star Member
May 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-02-2012
AOR Received.
04-06-2012
Med's Request
08-05-2013
Med's Done....
12-05-2013
Passport Req..
15-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-07-2013
LANDED..........
03-08-2013
I flied under CEC

seton

Jun 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2012
AOR Received.
05-11-2012
Med's Request
15-02-2013
Med's Done....
21-02-2013
Passport Req..
04-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2013
LANDED..........
03-05-2013
cn_nikki said:
Please advise, what would be the processing time for my wife and mine ?
No one can definitively answer this question, but expect that it will delay your application by at least a couple months. Your wife will need to complete her medicals, and she will be subject to a background check.

The background check is the most time variable part of the eligibility assessment, and could take weeks, months, or even years to complete depending on her name and background.

mannte

Star Member
Feb 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 march 2013
AOR Received.
29 April 2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
15 jan 2014
Med's Done....
sent 20 jan 2014
best possible safe way i see, is to sponsor her after PR.

Send a email to CIC with Supporting Documents as your status has changed.

you can also ask your questions in the email.

seton

Jun 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2012
AOR Received.
05-11-2012
Med's Request
15-02-2013
Med's Done....
21-02-2013
Passport Req..
04-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2013
LANDED..........
03-05-2013
mannte said:
best possible safe way i see, is to sponsor her after PR.
Probably not to be honest - the process is same for the CEC class whether your spouse is accompanying you or not (i.e. medicals and background check). Sponsoring a spouse would mean a new application and a different process under the family stream.

If you don't declare your marriage now, you will be unable to sponsor her later. As such, the OP was wise to inform the CIC of the marriage now. Hopefully it doesn't take too long, and the OP can apply for a bridging open work permit (for which his spouse can also get authorization to work) while they wait if it takes longer than expected, assuming he already has a work permit.

pari_p

Feb 7, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You must right away inform them about your wedding and send them documents they ask for. I added my spouse after I submitted the application. My lawyer told me its way easier to add them to your file and get them PR as well than putting in a different file later in family class. Since you already got MR they jus need to do background and criminality for your spouse.. also this will be faster than you putting in your file for your spouse later. This will just delay your application by few months.... but its worth to wait than to go through the whole new application process!

cn_nikki

Star Member
May 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-02-2012
AOR Received.
04-06-2012
Med's Request
08-05-2013
Med's Done....
12-05-2013
Passport Req..
15-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-07-2013
LANDED..........
03-08-2013
Thanks you for prompt replies..... I appreciate the help !

kumar26

Feb 1, 2014
pari_p said:
You must right away inform them about your wedding and send them documents they ask for. I added my spouse after I submitted the application. My lawyer told me its way easier to add them to your file and get them PR as well than putting in a different file later in family class. Since you already got MR they jus need to do background and criminality for your spouse.. also this will be faster than you putting in your file for your spouse later. This will just delay your application by few months.... but its worth to wait than to go through the whole new application process!
Hello pari_p

I am in exact same situation as you were. I applied under CEC in April 2013. I got my medical request on Jan 27, 2014. I am getting married on March 07, 2014. My plan is to inform CIC about my marriage through email after getting married. Also at the same time, immediately after marriage I am planning to file Visitor visa for my wife (on basis of my current Temp Work Permit) so that if she gets a VISA she can come here immediately and not wait till PR application processing is complete.
My question is : In which stage ur PR application was when you added ur Spouse to ur application ? By how many months did this delay your application ? Did you also tried to get a Visitor OR work permit VISA for ur wife while PR was under process ?
Will be really helpful if you can share ur experience

gill656

Star Member
Jan 31, 2013
I wana know too that how long it will delay the application for. If it is only delaying a couple month or 3, I will get marry now and add my spouse. Instead of getting my PR and then lodging a new file that gonna take almost 10-12 months.

eds1275

Champion Member
Sep 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2013
AOR Received.
17-02-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
17-02-2013
Med's Request
04-11-2013
Med's Done....
06-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2013 (received on 17-12-2013)
LANDED..........
19-12-2013 (Peace Bridge, Fort Erie)
If you get married while your application is in progress, you must add your wife before your file can be finalized. There is no way around it. It may cause slight delay in your application, but not many months. Look at my timeline on the left - I married in Sept 2013. My application was finalized within 12 months.

Trust me, it is best to add your wife before your CEC application is finalized. Sponsoring is big pain - you'd need to go through 2 stages of approval, which also includes a review of your income / funds.

You can even add your wife at the final stages of your CEC application. If you're married at the time of landing, you'll not be able to land alone without adding your wife. If your application was finalized without adding your wife and you do not declare your wife at the time of landing, you'll not be able to sponsor her in the future.

gill656 said:
I wana know too that how long it will delay the application for. If it is only delaying a couple month or 3, I will get marry now and add my spouse. Instead of getting my PR and then lodging a new file that gonna take almost 10-12 months.

pkramsay

May 14, 2009
Hello Guys,

Sorry, I understand this is the wrong forum for my stream, but this discussion is one of the few I found for adding spouse to an application. I have a pnp nomination, a post graduate work permit (good until Apr 2016) and my work is Skill level A or B. I will be applying to CIC this month, but I am getting married in September 2014. I plan to add my wife to my application at that time and hoping to bring her as a vistior/worker, soon after our wedding. Here are my questions:

1. Is 8 months (i.e., Feb to Sep) too long a time to add my spouse to the application (avg. processing time for my stream is 17 months)?
2. Is writing a cover letter to CIC, stating my intention to marry in Septemeber, a good idea? Will this help my case while adding my spouse?(The cover letter/application will reach CIC in March probably).
3. How do I inform CIC of my marriage? through e-mail? (I understand the documents have to be Hardcopy only).
4. After I get married, what comes first? Informing CIC of my marriage or applying for my wife's visitor visa?
5. If my wife has to come to Canada, say or 2 or 3 months after wedding, which is a good option to apply? Vistor or Open-Work permit?

Thank you so much in advance!!

kumar26

Feb 1, 2014
eds1275 said:
If you get married while your application is in progress, you must add your wife before your file can be finalized. There is no way around it. It may cause slight delay in your application, but not many months. Look at my timeline on the left - I married in Sept 2013. My application was finalized within 12 months.

Trust me, it is best to add your wife before your CEC application is finalized. Sponsoring is big pain - you'd need to go through 2 stages of approval, which also includes a review of your income / funds.

You can even add your wife at the final stages of your CEC application. If you're married at the time of landing, you'll not be able to land alone without adding your wife. If your application was finalized without adding your wife and you do not declare your wife at the time of landing, you'll not be able to sponsor her in the future.

Thanks eds1275. Ur timelines gave me some relief. One question to you. When you got married in September 2013, did u try for a visitor or open work permit for y=ur wife OR did u just add her on ur application and waited for CIC to finalize ur case ?

pkramsay

May 14, 2009
kumar26 said:
Thanks eds1275. Ur timelines gave me some relief. One question to you. When you got married in September 2013, did u try for a visitor or open work permit for y=ur wife OR did u just add her on ur application and waited for CIC to finalize ur case ?
Hi kumar26,
Exactly the same question I have been trying to get an answer for. This thing about dual intent is confusing and most of the experiences I have read on this forum have been negative for a visitor visa. Hopefully some one helps us with this. By the way, congratulations for your wedding (seems like exactly 1 month from today) !!

spookyb

Mar 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Feb-2013
AOR Received.
22-Mar-2013
Med's Request
06-Dec-2013
Med's Done....
16-Dec-2013
Passport Req..
24-Mar-2014
VISA ISSUED...
31-Mar-2014
LANDED..........
10-Apr-2014
pkramsay said:
Hi kumar26,
Exactly the same question I have been trying to get an answer for. This thing about dual intent is confusing and most of the experiences I have read on this forum have been negative for a visitor visa. Hopefully some one helps us with this. By the way, congratulations for your wedding (seems like exactly 1 month from today) !!
In my experience, an open work permit may be a safer option than applying for a visitor visa. I personally know a friend whose wife was rejected for a visitor visa, but granted an open work permit on re-applying. You have to show intent to leave Canada in either case, but in the case of an open work permit, you are actually telling the visa officer that you would like to live in Canada with your spouse. That may be easier to understand than just wanting to visit your spouse and leaving.