+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR holder visiting principal applicant...............

The Robust

Dec 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CAP REACHED
Doc's Request.
Applied in Express Entry
Hello everyone,

wondering to know if any knows of anyone getting a refusal for visiting their spouse (principal applicant) out of Canada for more than a MONTH?

please only comment if you know an actual case no personal opinions and no interpretations of short-term visits.

I am familiar with this requirement as a PR holder sponsor has to maintain residence in Canada.

Thanks

rrss13

Mar 24, 2020
Hello everyone,

wondering to know if any knows of anyone getting a refusal for visiting their spouse (principal applicant) out of Canada for more than a MONTH?

please only comment if you know an actual case no personal opinions and no interpretations of short-term visits.

I am familiar with this requirement as a PR holder sponsor has to maintain residence in Canada.

Thanks
Know someone who’s a PR and has been out of country for 10 weeks and their spouse got ppr last month.

The Robust

Dec 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CAP REACHED
Doc's Request.
Applied in Express Entry
Know someone who’s a PR and has been out of country for 10 weeks and their spouse got ppr last month.

Great, did visa office asked the principal applicant for any proof of visits? like they are normally asking now days

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
No they did not
They actually do especially if you have an interview. Couples also update their files when they have additional visits. When couples have very little time together and have been an arranged marriage every in person visit counts.

The Robust

Dec 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CAP REACHED
Doc's Request.
Applied in Express Entry
If you highlight the visit it will help your proof of relationship but it could also get your application denied.
yeah, I got your point but it's more of a catch 22 position if you do highlight and visit is more than a month it might create a problem, of course, this is voluntarily highlighting in case they ask it then there will be no choice but to disclose it

anyways, I have searched the forum and I couldn't find any case just saw one refusal but that was because PR moved out of Canada after applying and visited Canada twice for short term

The Robust

Dec 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CAP REACHED
Doc's Request.
Applied in Express Entry
They actually do especially if you have an interview. Couples also update their files when they have additional visits. When couples have very little time together and have been an arranged marriage every in person visit counts.
I think he is referring to that particular case only

Reactions: rrss13