+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Holder on federal skilled immigration status/cannot stay upto the 728days

Denihc

May 15, 2014
Good morning house, I applied for PR since 2010 and only got it two months back. I have started a company in my home country, Nigeria, during this long wait and the company's annual turn over is over $5m. I intend to relocate my family to Canada, open the same business in Canada, but I might not be able to accumulate the 728days in 5years as required as I ll be shuttling between Nigeria and Canada and will likely spend more time in Nigeria than Canada. My wife and infant child will stay in Canada through the 5years.

Can I qualify as working for a Canadian company in another country (as working for Canadian company outside Canada counts as part of your stay) since the company will be in active business in Canada.

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
No - what you have described will not allow you to count the days you spent outside of Canada working for your company towards your PR residency requirement. To make sure you retain your PR status, you will still have to spend 2 out of every 5 rolling years living in Canada. If you can't meet the residency requirement and end up losing your PR status, your wife can always sponsor you later.

solomonwise

Jun 10, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Denihc said:
Good morning house, I applied for PR since 2010 and only got it two months back. I have started a company in my home country, Nigeria, during this long wait and the company's annual turn over is over $5m. I intend to relocate my family to Canada, open the same business in Canada, but I might not be able to accumulate the 728days in 5years as required as I ll be shuttling between Nigeria and Canada and will likely spend more time in Nigeria than Canada. My wife and infant child will stay in Canada through the 5years.

Can I qualify as working for a Canadian company in another country (as working for Canadian company outside Canada counts as part of your stay) since the company will be in active business in Canada.

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Thanks
I'd advise you set the machinery in motion for smooth running of your business in Nigeria by employing a competent and trustworthy person to manage your business for you whilst you are in Canada.

You are expected to stay in Canada for 2 years out of 5 years and this is a prerequisite for Citizenship. Monitoring your business from Canada for 2 years will not be difficult if you put and do things right.With the way businesses have gone high tech,you can actually run your business while you are in Canada with a turnover of $5m.

Your Canadian Citizenship will open your business up to so many opportunities and having come thus far,you can not afford to throw that away.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
solomonwise said:
You are expected to stay in Canada for 2 years out of 5 years and this is a prerequisite for Citizenship.
The prerequisite for citizenship is actually living 3 out of 4 years in Canada (PR is 2 out of 5).

sharedknowledge

Nov 30, 2012
scylla said:
The prerequisite for citizenship is actually living 3 out of 4 years in Canada (PR is 2 out of 5).
I have a question.

Is it possible for me to sponsor my 2 sisters and 1 brother after I get PR? If yes, which provinces allow this? and, can I sponsor them immediately after I land? (they are completely dependent on me and their ages are 57, 52, and 41 years now)?

Thanks a lot for your reply.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It's unlikely you will be able to sponsor any of your siblings.

To sponsor them through the federal program you cannot have a spouse, children or any family members in Canada. If you don't have a spouse, children or any family in Canada then you may be able to sponsor one of your siblings (but not all of them).

Very few provinces would allow you to sponsor your siblings - and you won't be able to sponsor them immediately. They may also need job offers in Canada before you will qualify to sponsor them.

You should assume it may not be possible to bring your siblings to Canada.

sharedknowledge

Nov 30, 2012
scylla said:
It's unlikely you will be able to sponsor any of your siblings.

To sponsor them through the federal program you cannot have a spouse, children or any family members in Canada. If you don't have a spouse, children or any family in Canada then you may be able to sponsor one of your siblings (but not all of them).

Very few provinces would allow you to sponsor your siblings - and you won't be able to sponsor them immediately. They may also need job offers in Canada before you will qualify to sponsor them.

You should assume it may not be possible to bring your siblings to Canada.
Scylla,
I am obliged for your comprehensive reply.

phanik107

Jan 7, 2014
Hello Experts

Hope you all doing well.

I have a query regarding the FSW application eligibilty. I do have specified in detailed below and kindli assist me

am aware that eligibility for FSW is 67 points and looking forward for IELTS test result where I have done a good job on all sections except listening.
am not confident on getting required eligibitly points from IELTS. i do have a cousin (Mother's sister son) in Canada who is also a PR holder. I contemplate of using his PR which I can compensate 5 points extra to get my profile been eligible

In order to use of my cousin PR.what are the supporting documnets to produce for FSW application and also want to know whether my cousin to be considered by CIC?

Relation : Cousin (My Mother sister's son)

Kindly suggest me on my case and really appreciated for a quick turn around.

Regards,
Phani